• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola chasing cats and fighting!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Its mad here! Lola wont stop chasing the cats tails and there has just been a huge fight, there is cat fur all over.

Lola is OK, she was panting as she just would not stop chasing the cats so I have put her in her cgae and covered her up and will check on her.

My heart is racing and I feel sick, I just cant seem to turn my back for 5 minutes lately!

Cats are just peed off - am I doing the right thing with Lola???

I guess she is OK, she is tucking into her pellets and hay and none too happy about being put back in her cage!

I feel sick!!!! The cats were yowling and spitting!

I think bunnies are just nosey, Charlie follows my cockatiel about and tries to chew her tail feathers :(

I guess Lola won, the cream carpet was covered with the cats black fur. They are OK most of the time, but it sounded awful!:cry:

I couldn't let my cats near Charlie when he was out...One of them saw him in his hutch and started drooling at the idea of food.

Yep 1 of my rabbits torments the cat but the cat just ignores him but will give him just an odd single whack on the noggin when he's had enough! :D

Poppet just runs up to the cat to sniff him and the cat runs which is silly cos poppet then thinks its a game and chases him.
My dads been scratched to bits by the cat running up him to get away.
lol

I would be very wary of leaving Lola and the cat together unsupervised:shock:
Cats can do a lot of damage and if you don't know who started it I would be cautious! I've never heard of a rabbit fighting back with a cat before!

I think you definatly did the right thing, in covering lola up and putting her away... But if the animals constantly fight, is it really a safe idea to ever leave them alone again?
If you say this isint the only time they have fought?
Cats and rabbits are quite alike in body language and can often communicate well... But dont forget that cats are predators........
Mind you saying that.... My bunny is scared of my hamster
So it depends on the bunny/ cat :lol:

:no: Naughty bunny and cats. Like other's have said, it might be safer to only have them together supervised.
My 2 cats have been having little tiffs recently - had to take one to the vet because of abcesses caused by the other one biting it.
It'd be sad if Lola got ill :cry: from playing rough with your cats (and imagine the vet's bill if she bit one of them :shock:)

Harry is always bullying the cats, he chases them about lots and has a soft spot for Scooby who now has given up teling him to go away and gets up high.

Sounds like Lola's hormones haven't gone away quite yet, naughty bunny fighting with cats. Roll on her getting a friend maybe then she'll leave the cats alone. (Thats my hope for Harry anyway)

I'd agree with the others who have advised not to leave them alone together. Lola is clearly a spirited, brave young lady but if the cat was to have it claws out and get her across the face then the injury could be dreadful.

Back