• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits eating everything - HELP -

silverfox

Warren Scout
I have two rabbits together and they eat everything in sight. They eat all their food and veg, they eat the hutch, the stairs are almost gone and they have eaten all their toys, they eat until their mouths have bled. They get plenty of exercise and lots of things to play with, but I have to cut their feeding down to every 2 days as they are getting quite big. With the weather being so cold they have extra straw which you guess it they eat within a day. My other two rabbits are not doing this and only eat the food I give them. (They are costing me a fortune as the hutch has to be repaired and I may even have to start looking for a new one)

Yes they eat hay and I also buy them the dried grass from the pet shop. Mainly its the eating of the hutch that I cannot understand, I do also give them things to knaw on.

Hay is very cheap averaging £3.50 a bale - give them mountains of it and it will keep them well occupied.

I don't understand what you mean by feeding them every two days though - what do you mean?

If they're getting "too big" then maybe look at their diet and give them smaller portions of pellets and increase their hay so they have access to it 24/7.

Have they got toys that they can gnaw on and play with to distract them from your house fittings?

ETA - sorry posted after your reply and have asked what you've already answered:lol::lol:

:wave: Can you tell us a little more about their normal routine - what size hutch they live in, where they are exercised and how much exercise they get, what sort of toys/stimulation they have in their hutch/exercise areas (if separate), what their normal feeding routine is. Some more info will help us to try and offer the best advice :)

Back