• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice this evening

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
Regarding the nasty dip in temperatures expected tonight, we're expecting -4/-5 here in Lincoln.:?

Tempted to bring the bunnies into the kitchen overnight.

Does anyone else recommend this?

They will be fine outdoors if they have plenty of hay and stray and something to snuggle into:D

i was bit worried about peoples outdoor bunnies too, what about all the poor bunnies out their with owners who forget about them :cry:
we forcast -7 :shock:

Regarding the nasty dip in temperatures expected tonight, we're expecting -4/-5 here in Lincoln.:?

Tempted to bring the bunnies into the kitchen overnight.

Does anyone else recommend this?

do you have a shed you could move their hutch into? or something similiar?
when i had outdoor bunnies i used to throw an old rug/carpet over followed b taurpaulin

well, checking the met office website for our postcode it only predicts minus 2 which is no colder than it has been overnight recently. plus the bunnies do tend to just sit in the run :roll:

well, checking the met office website for our postcode it only predicts minus 2 which is no colder than it has been overnight recently. plus the bunnies do tend to just sit in the run :roll:
Mine were sat in the run the other morning when it was -4c:roll:

we are predicted -7 :O I was wondering the same thing.

So it they have their straw, hay, snugglesafe and each other they should be ok?? Oh I've also bought some plastic stuff, very similar to the stuff on buggys, and put that over the living quarters bit. (there are still gaps for ventilation)

I put an old sheet and a tarp over my hutch and their water doesn't freeze, so must be quite cosy in there at night. As long as you give them the choice to stay in a warmer bit, they should be fine.

I too am worried about all the poor rabbits abandoned at the bottom of the garden with no hay or company

Back