• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foster Wanted: Temp foster home for Buck - Scotland

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of kate

I used to post quite often on the forum although I have not been on for a while. I'm having some difficulties at the moment and am looking for a temporary home for my rabbit, until the end of July when my partner and I will have a new flat.

Alternatively if anyone could take both me and Jack (the rabbit) in central Edinburgh until the end of July (rent paying of course!) I would be very interested to hear from you!

Physical Description: Grey with white markings, rather large, part lionhead so needs regular grooming.
Temperament: Playful and loves his food!
Sex: Male
Neuter Status: Neutered
Vaccination Status: Up to date
Health: Has snuffles & therefore a persistant sneeze, so needs occasional antibiotics and would probably have to be kept away from other rabbits. He has seen the vet at least twice a year for a check up since I got him, I can provide further details if you require them. You would also have to try to keep his nose clean (he hates this!).
Type of home wanted: Temporary foster home, until end of July. Indoors, where he has plenty of attention. He is litter trained and loves having plenty of space.
Reason for rehoming: Reluctantly rehoming due to complications over my flat, flooding of my mum's home, and my boyfriend's sister (our alternative home for him) being very allergic to him.

As I'm just looking for a temporary home for him, obviously I would cover all vet costs (he is insured) and all cost of food.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
Kate x

Hi, thanks for your post :wave:

I'm now looking for a shorter term, we've both managed to get somewhere temporary in Edinburgh but I may still need somewhere between April/ May/ June/July and beginning of August depending on my work, so it'd be for about 4 and a half months, maybe less. I know it's quite a time away now, but it'd be great if I had something in place, as I'm quite worried about it!

Would you be able to offer him a foster home in Glasgow? Have you other pets? - I'm worried about him being near other bunnies in case he passes on his snuffles, I wouldn't like your pets to come to any harm. :?

I'd commute from Glasgow if I could but I work 7 days & sometimes get called in at short notice...!

oooo sorry i didnt notice the fact he has snuffles i have a young girly bun so dont know if this would be suitable.... dont know if i could keep him seperate with time etc if u were not with him etc lol

I haqd a bonded pair of buns and one of them had snuffles and it never passed it to its partner and they lived together for nearly 7yrs, just thought I would let you know;):D

Back