• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting annoyed about my neighbours rabbits!!

louise1

Mama Doe
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=86 my neighbour has this although slightly bigger in her garden with a large run attatched now i would say she has about 7-10 bunnys in here and they were out all summer very large buns now for 2 months since she has had her baby i havent seen them out once have questioned this and she says its too muddy to have them out.... surely they would get bored cooped up in there doing nothing all day every day and all night with juste each other!!!!???

Is the garden really muddy?

Its sad when they are given everything and then things change :(

I overlaid today so it was shoot out of bed, get kids ready and school. Normaly I let buns out before even leaving room and I felt and still do feel guilty for letting them out 1.5 hours late :oops: I came straight home and let them out saying sorry to them.

no its turf they have put down but especially now with it being frosty i dont think it is muddy.... well mine isnt anyway.. just annoys me bcoz i dont ever see them go out and even check them over and make sure they are o.k havent seen them even clean them in about 3 weeks.... they must be getting no exercise whatsoever... and living on top of each other in there she also has 5 cats a hamster a massive fish tank and brand new baby... its horrid!!

I think a visit from the RSPCA is in order :?
Someone needs to explain to her the requirements of rabbits and she obviously won't listen to you :?

im scared to phone rspca incase they say her hutch is big enough and she lies and says they get out in the run wich they dont

Can you offer to help her out with them (if you have the time) it might even educate her a bit and get her to love them :)

Oh dear :( Do you know if there getting enough food and water?

Im guessing its the new baby arriving thats causing the problem? it could be that she is genuinly struggling with a new baby, but if she loved them she should ask for help.

Is she the kind to take offense easy and get defensive?

I know the hutch is big but for that amount rabbits and some being big isnt it over crowding so there for not big enough?

it doesnt take long at all to let rabiits out, muck them out and feed. I can do all mine (ok only 3) in 10 mins. Even full clean out doesnt take long.

Are they being fed and watered? if they are being fed and watered and the housing is adequate then there really isn't much the RSPCA would do only to give them a advice and a few pointers and then re-visit a few weeks later to see if the advice as been carried out. Why don't you ask her if she wants to give them to you and you will find them a home or even offer to help clean them out and give them some exercise:D.

hmm im not sure if there getting fed or watered.....shes not really the type to try n offer advise etc she would take it badly.... i couldnt rehome 7-10 rabbits... i dont even know if there sexed as i know shes had accidental litters before hence the reason she has around 10..

im scared to phone rspca incase they say her hutch is big enough and she lies and says they get out in the run wich they dont

Don't be scared, if the RSPCA can't do anything they aren't going to have a go at you for reporting it! Just having an RSPCA inspector come visit might prompt her into providing better care!

I would ring for advice. you dont even need to give details, just ask generally. Let us know how you get on. It must be awful for you xx

Back