• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the best flooring??

George&dillon

Mama Doe
We are building a complete new set up outside as you probaly know :D what is the best flooring to use? slabs, grass it over?? as the moment its just mud with the odd dandelion sprouting thro ;) can't remember the width but the length is at least 12ft ;)

I use half slabs and half grass. I re-turf the grass area with urchased turf rolls every few months. The rabbits love to have grass/dirt to sit on.

Ensure that you have chicken wire or slabs UNDER the grass area to stop foxes digging in. A turf roll will grow even if ion a slab if it has decent roots.

grrrr - spam advert reported

About flooring - the only thing I would add is that hard stuff is easier to clean but they prefer the soft stuff. Mine have a couple of (washable) baby mattresses from IKEA on top of the hard floor. They bounce up and down on it - very cute...

Back