• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel so sick, nearly lost them both

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
This was live, i have no idea how they survived it...you can see the burn mark on the cable

It was intact a few hours ago when i checked it so please never underestimate how quickly a bun can eat cable protector :cry::cry:

Seriously, I think i will be sick

010.jpg

I thought I had concealed them :shock:

they seem fine, I only noticed cos the lamp wouldnt turn on

I will not be having that lamp there anymore

:shock::shock: How did they manage that?

I am glad they are all right! Thanks for the warning. My indoor bunnies have not chewed any wires for years; I was becoming complacent!

OMG I'm glad they're ok :shock: I didn't think they could chew through the cable protector that fast :shock: Turns out my house isn't as bunny proof as I thought!

:shock: Scary. A colleague of mine has a couple of buns that are chewers and have got through a couple of live cables, including the one to the chest freezer (like your lamp, she only found out when the freezer wasn't working.... she had to throw a ton of food out). What I don't understand is how come the buns aren't electrocuted?

yup looks about right..i had the steam mop chewed by wilow and never even noticed..i steam cleaned the lounge floor and it was only when i turned it off i saw the wire..how didnt either of us get eletrocuted:shock:

mums dvd player wouldnt work..um chewed through..so we got some of that conduit cabling..so far she ahsnt sussed it out...BUT my willow she chewed clean through the stuff:shock: i used to have plastic plumbing pipes for my first housebunny she was terible!! wished id used ot for my second bun..he was a furry termite even thru rabbit proofing. i guess its a case of if they want to do it they will find a way:lol:

its worse with big buns cos they stand on their hind legs an reach things little bunnies can only dream about chewing thru!!:lol:

ive yet to find an anti chewprooof conduit unless its metal:lol:

cheap plumbing pipes tho using elbow bends and joints with the more flexible stuff at the plug end would be far safer.....hideous but safer!!

im so glad theyre ok and hope you get thru the shock yourself..it always upsets you you think omg they could have been fried etc..

my old cat used to chew thru cables too four hairdryers in one year..xmas lights every year..speaker cables....tv flex at plug end....omg it was so weird!

an ntl engineertold me his dog always chews thru metres of the cabling every month...he laughed as my old doe had ignored the arial cable and only chewed the ntl one....i put plumbing pipes on it after that!!

Gosh. What a lucky escape! Leanne's Dennis is a manic chewer and Gordon has used a tougher cable duct to protect the wires in her room. Here's the link. It's defeated Dennis so far:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1231109722734&isSearch=true

thankyou for that, I will definitely be more careful in future.

luvabun i don't really understand it, but I electrocuted myself on the mains a whiel ago and I'm alive aswell. Think someone sciencey needs to do some explaining!

Back