• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quality of Happy Hutch Indoor Hutches?

vicki267

Mama Doe
Just wondering as they seem quite cheap.

I would most likely use the single ones and perhaps stack those as I think they are the only ones going up to 6ft. Are they safe to stack?

The hutches would be in the garage.

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of their hutches? Especially the indoor ones?

Many Thanks

Vicki

I have an indoor 5x2x2.

Erm...it came abit damaged, and when we drilled the screws some of the wood split. I wasnt overally impressed, dont think i will be getting any more from there.

Also had trouble when we placed the divider, as the door wouldnt shut prop

:)

Other than that, its been okay :lol:

We've had happy hutches before and they are all being replaced less than a year old with ones from Dawsons. The HH ones have split, hinges fallen off and rotted and wood swollen and bowed etc. Dawsons use better quality and thicker wood and would recommend them any day over a HH. They will build to your exact requirements too

:lol: OK then, thought as much. I'm in no hurry but if everyone came back saying they were great I think I'd get some whilst they are in the sale.

Safe to say I'll wait til I find something more suitable :lol:

I've got some of their indoor hutches, and they are great and pretty cheap...£85 for a 6ft x 2ft. I'd definitely recommend them :D

I prefer flat pack hutches in some ways because you can lay lino on the floor before building them, so there are no edges for the buns to chew.

The only criticism I have is that the doors aren't hinged and lift off completely, and I've dropped them on my toes a couple of times :lol:

I've got some of their indoor hutches, and they are great and pretty cheap...£85 for a 6ft x 2ft. I'd definitely recommend them :D

I prefer flat pack hutches in some ways because you can lay lino on the floor before building them, so there are no edges for the buns to chew.

The only criticism I have is that the doors aren't hinged and lift off completely, and I've dropped them on my toes a couple of times :lol:

Really?

My door has hinges! Must be a different design!

I have a 6ft hutch run combo from HH and i do love it, but after seeing the quality of Alison's Ryedale hutch, i think a HH looks like a cheapo hutch!
Don't get me wrong i love my one, haven't had any problems with it but no doubt it won't last as long as a good quality huth like Ryedale.
It'll be cheaper but won't last anywhere as long as Ryedale :)

I have a 6ft hutch run combo from HH and i do love it, but after seeing the quality of Alison's Ryedale hutch, i think a HH looks like a cheapo hutch!
Don't get me wrong i love my one, haven't had any problems with it but no doubt it won't last as long as a good quality huth like Ryedale.
It'll be cheaper but won't last anywhere as long as Ryedale :)

You don't really need a good quality hutch like a Ryedale for indoors though.

Back