• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you spare a thought.....U/D She's home

Maizy

Mama Doe
For my little Barley tomorrow please?

I normally don't post when my babies go in for 'the op', but Barley is going in for her spey. Having lost Paulie so suddenly on Boxing Day, I can't tell you how petrified I am and how tempted I have been to cancel the appointment. However, I know in my heart this is the best thing for her, but the thought of what could happen is filling me with complete dread.

If you could spare a vibe or two for her I would be sooooooooo grateful. Thank you.:)

DSCF0506.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much:D. She is such a sweetie and apart from me, will also have an anxious husbun Ed waiting for her safe return tomorrow.

Awww hun, I know how much you are dreading this, and how scared you are. :cry: :cry: ::HUGS::

I am sending the most ENORMOUS vibes in the whole world for yoour gorgeous girlie Barley for her op. I know she will be absolutely fine, and back home with you very soon. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(((((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))))

And Louie asked me to send some extra-special-powerful vibes from him, too. xxxxx

((((((((((((((( VIBES )))))))))))))))

Awwww thank you for being so kind.:D:D I have just got her dog crate all set up and I have a knot in my stomach. :? Thank you so much Jill, please give beautiful Louie huge hugs and noserubs and thank him for me.:love:

I dropped her off at 8.50am and am now just playing the waiting game. :(:(I feel in complete turmoil;head v heart. Every inch of my heart is screaming 'what have I done' v my head saying she's young, fit and think of all the benefits. Somehow it's not making me feel any better.:( I felt physically sick and teared up in the car park when I left her. I just want it to be two weeks from now and for her to be happy, fit and well again.

:cry: so sorry hun didnt know youd had a bunny loss.

i know its awful..then they tell you the ga hasnt worn off and theyre keeping her in overnite..which is what happend to willow all that time ago.

keep positive thoughts goin...negative ones push to the back of your mind....throw yourself into cleaning the buns out as usual...go for a sleep or get immersed in a movie anything..iot ownt stop you panciking but might keep yur blood pressure down a bit so your able to breathe a sigh of relief when she comes back all drowsy and wobbly:love:

Vet has rung and I'm a bit stunned tbh ( but in a relieved way). Barley has woken up and seems fine. The vet however has said her reproductive organs were a quarter of their usual size and he had trouble actually finding them :shock:.

What he has gone on to say is that this is sometimes a sign of a 'transgender' bunny and he thinks Barley may well be one. He has searched for any signs of male organs and can not see anything, but now wants to wait to see the effect of the hormones to see how or if her behaviour will change.:shock:

I will have to break the news to Ed that she may in fact be a he!

Awwwww bless, this is more common than you think, we've had several bunnies like this and some with none at all:shock::shock:

Sending loads of vibes you your little girl

Awwwww bless, this is more common than you think, we've had several bunnies like this and some with none at all:shock::shock:

Sending loads of vibes you your little girl

I hadn't realised, but the vet said he's seen it a fair bit. One of the reasons I wanted her speyed ( aside from the obvious health benefits) was because she is very territorial over what she has decided is 'her home' and although she plays outside with Ed fine, she will not have him in the hutch or dog crate with her at bed time and is immensely messy weeing all over the place and I was hoping the spey might help this. Vet says he will be interested in whether the territorial weeing improves.

For the moment, I'm just glad she's come round and I just want to get her home and see her eating, pooing and recovering. I don't normally wish my life away, but to fast forward 2 weeks to have her well on the mend is an exception.:)

Awww glad she's come round from the op ok, hopefully this will calm her down nicely :) I've heard several cases of this before as well, or if your vet didn't find anything else, it could simply be that she just had tiny bits for some reason.

Hope she recovers well in any case :)

Back