• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much water is too much, and how much peeing is too much peeing?

Worried that Merlin is showing that he is drinking more than usual and he is peeing a lot. He kind of sticks his tail out and make a small 'harumph' noise when he goes to pee. No sign of pee dribbling or urine scald tho.

Have been giving him the Pro C stuff in his water and he'll finish a bowlful in a couple of hours, lots of peeing in between. His pee is also smelling very very strong!!!Or could it be something in the ProC?

How much water do bunnies drink normally,. and how often do they pee, normally?

Think I may be paranoid (as usual) so just wanted some advice/info,

thanks!!!

Hiya,
I cant really answer to how much peeing and drinking a rabbit does, i think it depends on the individual as i have a pair who will drink a lot more than the rest, then have some who dont drink to much.

If you are worried and he is drinking a lot more and it is smelling i would get a check -up at the vet, is he straining when he is wee'ing? he may have a little infection :).

Hope he is ok. xx

Normal water consumption is 50-100ml/kg/24 hours.

Buns fed lots of veg will drink less as they get some water from the Veg.
All my Buns will drink way above the 'normal' levels if I add Avipro Pro-C to their water. However, it doesn't make their wee smell :?

If Merlin is passing very smelly wee and appearing to 'grunt' as he wees then he may have a UTI/Cystitis. A Vet check would be a good idea if the problem persists.

Back