• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will my BG stop spraying urine when he is done.

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
I have a 7 month old British Giant called Koda. He is booked in for castration on 30th Jan and we intend for him to become a free range house bunny. He currently srays wee everwhere to mark his territory. When he is done will this stop as he has already started.
I know with cat's that its hit or miss if they stop and my male cat did. I am just worried that is he does not stop he won't be able to live indoors and thats what we really want for him. As he is so big he sprays an awful lot and it is not pleasant.

The spraying should stop after he is neutered. It may take a few weeks for his hormones to calm down though so dont expect him to stop immediately after the op' :)

The spraying should stop after he is neutered. It may take a few weeks for his hormones to calm down though so dont expect him to stop immediately after the op' :)
Tahnks, that is what I thought. He won't be free reign immediatly so as he has time to calm down first. Thanks

The spraying will stop - none of my boys spray any more, and if you keep him confined to a smallish space for a while, he should become litter trained as well.

The spraying will stop - none of my boys spray any more, and if you keep him confined to a smallish space for a while, he should become litter trained as well.

Now that would be fab, my dutch is trained but he isn't and if he is to be a housebun that would be fab. I guess its all bcoz he is not done!!

my boys always been a housebun, up until now we've just put up with the spraying EVERYWHERE. since being neutered it has calmed down, however it has only been a week so has not yet stopped completely but we have definatley noticed MASSIVE improvements.

Back