• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat Bunnies ?

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I upped Bungle and Nushkas food when the weather started to get cold - 4 handfulls of pellets each morning and a large dog bowl of veg each evening. I thought everything was well until my friends daughter called the outdoor buns 'fat lumps' :shock::shock::shock: she had seen the indoor ones before - i tried to explain it was the fur but now I'm wondering if they are overfed :? Bungle is about 5kg and Nushka 3kg..... ??????

They are both big bunnies anyway though arn't they? I wouldn't have thought 5kg particulaly big for a Giant like Bungle when Frenchies can hit 5kg.

Maybe as a child she misread their size as weight, when comparing them mentally to your indoor bunnies.

They are both big bunnies anyway though arn't they? I wouldn't have thought 5kg particulaly big for a Giant like Bungle when Frenchies can hit 5kg.

Maybe as a child she misread their size as weight, when comparing them mentally to your indoor bunnies.

Hope so I don't want them to be fatties and suffer - Nushka did look a bit porky :oops: They are due Myxo so will book them in on Sat and get them weighed agan.... Just thought the extra food would keep them warm....

what sort of bunny is it? It's a Flemish Giant?

Make sure they have 80 to 90% hay as their diet. Since they live outdoor in the winter, you can go w/ 80% hay as their diet

what sort of bunny is it? It's a Flemish Giant?

Make sure they have 80 to 90% hay as their diet. Since they live outdoor in the winter, you can go w/ 80% hay as their diet

Nushka is a standard large lop and Bungle is a Conti cross as far as i can tell -ref the hay - they have about half a bail in their bedroom enclosed area which is topped up with a fresh keg each day.... but they still scoff for England !!

It could be their thick winter coats making them look porkier than they are too though - Alfie's looking like a proper little roly poly lately but I can still feel his spine through his coat so I'm assuming he's not fat. :?

nush might be a bit porky at 3kg....I think she's supposed to be 2-2.5kg. I don't know about bungle as I don't think he's all conti is he & he's quite a bit smaller that Amy's amber & noel who is the only other giant I've met.? Do they want to join my lot on bunny weight watchers? Honey especially is looking a bit like a sumo wrestler......trouble is when she gets hungry she gets mean & starts trying to eat rosie :(

Hope so I don't want them to be fatties and suffer - Nushka did look a bit porky :oops: They are due Myxo so will book them in on Sat and get them weighed agan.... Just thought the extra food would keep them warm....

pebbles look fat every winter, in summer shes so lean, and then as soon as its winter time she turns into a porker, she looks like her heads too small for her body, when actually in summer she weighed 1.8kg, and now she weighs 1.9!

i think she just gets more fluffy!

Back