• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Males- Gumtree rabbit

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have a 5 month old male rabbit and would love to get him a friend. We had planned on having him neatured in the next month or two then finding him a female friend. Problem is I have seen a gorgeous male rabbit on gumtree that someone sounds desperate to get rid off and I cant help but want to take him! His owner clearly doesnt want him. Would it be possible to bond two male rabbits once both were neautered? If we took him would we be able to keep them in separate cages but let them take turns at having a run in the kitchen or would the smell confuse/anger them?

I have 3 buns bonded, 2 males and a female. Its the 2 boys which are closer :) before they were all nuetered i used to use same free range space. i found the smell of each other heped them get used to the others scents for bonding. At one point I cage swapped them for a week :)

Thanks for that. I just have to convince the other half now to let me rescue the unwanted bunny! Problem is once I have rescued one im not sure I could stop! There are far too many unloved bunnies in the world!

I had two males and a female.
I also have two males living together.

I know what you mean about "knowing where to stop" lol i have 19. A few of which i have rescued myself :)

19!!! I dont think my house is big enough- or my other half would be too impressed!

How soon after neautering the males would we be able to bond them? Im guessing there is no way they would bond before the op due to hormones?

19!!! I dont think my house is big enough- or my other half would be too impressed!

How soon after neautering the males would we be able to bond them? Im guessing there is no way they would bond before the op due to hormones?

No, dont try it until both neutered.

Its hard to say how long.

Amstel was neutered on 31st October, only now is he calming down...

Thanks. The bunny we have now is 5 months so will be taking him to be done soon. Although he actually isnt much of a macho man at the minute!

Thanks. The bunny we have now is 5 months so will be taking him to be done soon. Although he actually isnt much of a macho man at the minute!

Give him time he will become one!

We have a little lad, Ben, un-neutered, hes a nightmare! Roll on the 13th Jan! :D

Would a rescue rehome a male rabbit to be bonded with another male? When I looked online my local rescue always shows single males saying "would like a female friend". Would they let me rehome a male to go with my male or would it have to be a female?

The rabbit i found on gumtree has now gone to a good home (or so im told) but Im sure another poor thing will come along soon!

Back