• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding advice needed please

kat_g

Warren Scout
I am hoping to set up a rabbit boarding service in around 6-9 months time. Can anyone offer advice as to what i need to do/prepare? Obviously I am getting together my hutches with runs attached and the obvious equipment such as bottle and bowls but there will be things ive not thought of so i wanted to ask people on here. I also need to find out if i need insurance (eg if someone's rabbit dies in my care etc) and if anyone has any ideas/considerations I would very much appreciate it. I just want to do all the ground work first and ensure that im fully prepared and have everything i need!

Thank you

Ok here's a few things to get you started:-

Money (It is not cheap to set one up properly)
Hutches (minimum 6x2x2)
Insurance
CRB check(although not a legal requirement is useful if going to be doing home visits)
Runs
Bedding
Food (Different makes to suit all buns diets who may come to you)
Hay
Water Bottles and Bowls
Defra approved Disinfectants
Steam Cleaner
First Aid Kit suitable for all animal types you will be taking in
Rabbit Savvy Vet within a short distance and preferably with 24 hour cover
Nail Clippers and grooming equipment
Litter Trays
Booking Forms
Terms and Conditions
Business cards and flyers if you intend to advertise
Website
Indoor cages
Isolation/Quarantine Area
Huge amounts of energy and stamina and the ability to survive on little sleep at times.

That's a few things to get you started:) HTH

that's great, thank you very much!! I have had alook at your website and it has been very helpful!! The hutches you have look lovely by the way!!

Back