• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are bluebells poisonous?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I want to plant some bluebells in my garden. I know there is a list of "toxic bunny" plants somewhere but I cant find it so apologies if I am repeating something that has already been posted.

Are bluebells safe for bunnies???

NO

Anything with a bulb for a root is poisonous to bunnies. (All parts of the plant)

Daffys, tulips. lillies, crocuses etc etc...

Cripes, just planted some daffs! Better get me spade out!

sorry I misread and answered yes to are they safe when I meant are they dangerous....

You know what I mean though.

I have masses of croscosmia in my garden (montbritia) and this is one very big reason why I could never ever allow my buns out to run around free range.

sorry I misread and answered yes to are they safe when I meant are they dangerous....

You know what I mean though.

I have masses of croscosmia in my garden (montbritia) and this is one very big reason why I could never ever allow my buns out to run around free range.

Nope you didnt the last line says "Are bluebells safe for bunnies???" so you answered it right just not the title :lol: :lol:

Looks like I am going to plant a herb garden instead then!

Thank you so much for your help, you have saved me some money too!

Don't imagine for a moment that anything you try to grow in a garden with bunnies in it will last longer than it takes to nibble down to it's roots!!!!

Bunnies + Plants = Bare mud! :lol:

Don't imagine for a moment that anything you try to grow in a garden with bunnies in it will last longer than it takes to nibble down to it's roots!!!!

Bunnies + Plants = Bare mud! :lol:

Have to agree. I tried a herb garden (well in pots up high) but Hera got up there one day and demolished the lot in about 5 minutes!!:lol::lol:

I just do hanging baskets and wall containers now.

Looks like I am going to plant a herb garden instead then!

Thank you so much for your help, you have saved me some money too!

We planted a herb garden for our buns - I spent all my time protecting it from the buns, one of whom found his way up to the wall baskets! :shock: Nothing stands between buns and herbs- except lots of chicken wire (the small holed stuff). All of my herbs are behind wire at least until they are big enough to withstand a bunny attack. In the meantime its a lovely way enrich their diet every so often with herby treats.

Back