• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

molting

I'd say that unless you have brought her indoors into a warm house from outside, she shouldn't be moulting. Your best bet is to run her to the vets in the near future, she could have mites, which are easy to treat but do need treating.

aaaa gosh will maybe take her down tomorrow cos it's really bad, although i do bring her in every night for a run about every night, i try to keep the house as cool as possible. might take her to the vets. thanks.

My Simba's fur is coming out in handfuls too.. i groomed him yesterday and had a whole bucket full of fluff! However his skin is slightly red in patches and he has dry flakey skin.. thats normally what it looks like when he has mites so i'll be taking him to the vets tomorrow for a jab for them ;)
Can you see your teddy's skin? is it looking dry and white flakey bits?

thanks diddeen yeah i check her skin last night and it's perfect no flakyness or reddness. it's very strange, i couldn't take her to the vets last night, might give her till the end of the week to see if anything more comes of it. petal is fine but petal did some shedding before the winter where ted didn't so i'm not sure whether she's just growing a thicker winter coat. :roll: aw so confusing.

Amos is moulting as well. He seems to be moulting for most of the year. Skin (what I can see of it, he has a v thick coat) looks fine. Can't think of reason why as if anything the temperature has dropped. No change to his housing arrangements.

Same thing with me - brushing a big handful of fur out of my Cashmere everyother day. Her coat does seem thicker than usual with very fine fur. I am hoping it is just the weather

glad it's not just me, i was thinking maybe with the drop in tempature she was just thicking up in places. she still acting like a wee rascal so she must be okay.

Back