• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help with Lola please!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.
Lola is a "wire chewer". Behind our TV we have wires for TV, Sky, DVD player etc. I have covered every inch of wire with cable tidy then double wrapped it in insulating tape.

However, Lola will not leave it alone and I am getting nervous about letting her "free range". She seems completely addicted to getting behind the TV and nibbling at things and I am spending my days shooing her out, as soon as I shoo her out she goes back in and its really spoiling my time with her.

What more can I do to protect the wires? Any suggestions?

Thank you folks!

can you get hold of a fire gard or some nick cubes and build a pen around the tv to stop her getting therethen when she goes to be you can remove it

Or could you have some pieces of perspex cut to slot down the sides so she can't get to the back of the tv?

i havthis trouble with ogs :roll: he has cleanly bittne through the shredder wire :roll:
So now i have to make sure that he just cannot at all get to any wires - by putting them behind the desk. I have completely now, de-wired the room :lol:

She's goin behind there and nibblin because she knows its naughty. Dylan Nibbles and Wuzzle are exactly the same. They only go somewhere because they get attention for it. Nibbles always bombs straight for the back of the sofa becuase it's blocked off. If it wasn't then she wouldn't have as much fun goin behind there. Dylan gets behind the TV becuase he gets attention, and Wuzzle is just a pain. He got in my wardrobe and nibbled the wire for my hair straighteners :censored: As soon as a door is closed, they wanna go through there just coz its closed off.

Firstly, We bought a hose pipe made a cut up the length of it, and then put it around the wires.

Our TV is in the corner so we bought a small fire guard from Argos (about £15) and have put that behind the TV table blocking off the wires that are behind it - that seems to have done the trick!

good luck!

She's goin behind there and nibblin because she knows its naughty. Dylan Nibbles and Wuzzle are exactly the same. They only go somewhere because they get attention for it. Nibbles always bombs straight for the back of the sofa becuase it's blocked off. If it wasn't then she wouldn't have as much fun goin behind there. Dylan gets behind the TV becuase he gets attention, and Wuzzle is just a pain. He got in my wardrobe and nibbled the wire for my hair straighteners :censored: As soon as a door is closed, they wanna go through there just coz its closed off.

Thats so true - I have the TV pulled out at min as I am covering some of the wires and she just aint bothered, but as soon as I move it back - she will be in there like a shot!

I am in big bother - Lola has scoffed my daughters new MP3 player ear phones GULP!

I got a couple of sturdy vases and wedged them either side so there is no room for a bun to squeeze in.

My snowy went through a spell and once I got the vases in place and he knows he cant get behind he doesnt bother trying at all now.

it looks nice too so happy all round.

Lola is super looking bun btw :)

Back