• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do your rabbits listen and obey you ?

My bunnies get the run of the garden during the day

At night they get rounded up and put back in their safe nest

The boys are really easy, I just call their names, and say "HOME", and with a bit of prodding, they hop back home :love:.

The girls are a different matter, usually taking a good 10 mins to chase around and herd in the general direction of home...:censored:

EXCEPT this evening, where the girls took no time at all :p

Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone ?

kirbys a house rabbit. Very rarely he will go into his cage on his own but most of the time i have to lift him and put him in. He goes into his wee tent so i cant lift him, hes too clever. :lol:

Mine are co-operative most of the time however, they will have a strop from time to time and give me the run around instead of going back in their hutch.

All my 8 are really good - can usually get them in within a few minutes - sometimes with the rattle of a pot of food.

Roger, my cheeky little BEW, loves to be chased a little though - he waits for me then does a huge binky and runs off, then stops to look for me before doing it again:love:

Um, well.. if they want to they will? :oops: I can pretend I've got them really well trained, but I'm fairly certain mine wouldn't do as I told them unless they wanted to anyway. Sometimes they like to show me who really IS boss, and give me the run around.

If I say "Lola" in a stern tone when she is misbehaving she stops in her tracks as if to say "What, I wasnt doing anything":roll: and then goes on to do what she was intending to do.

The only time I cant get Lola in is when its getting dark, but she is a piggy and loves her pellets so all I have to do is rattle her pellets and ehr ears ***** up.

I had every intention of clicker training her but gave up after a few days!

Yup, the pellets do it for most of mine. :roll:
Nicholas will only have to hear the noise of the top being undone and he is sat with his front paws on my legs.
Mustard jumps straight into the hutch waiting while I pile fresh hay around them and bury the pellets in the hay.
Hunny will sit on the top of the hutch, so I have to pick her up and put her in.
Pootle is very well behaved, she is on a no pellet diet most of the time (think it's gonna be permanent).
Miffy has been living in her hutch/run setup in a brick outbuilding, so I'm not sure if she ever has her run access closed off, we shall see how well behaved she is soon! :)

I was going to clicker train Fudge but my family thot i was mad so ended up not doing it!

I can get my rabbits to go home if they get pellets or veg! i just lure them :lol::lol: But with Fudge 2 mins after her food is eaten she bites the bars to get out and doesnt stop grrrr but she is only a baby so she will grow out of that habbit if i keep ignoring it hehe :D

I have trained Fudge with treats to come to me when i say "come see" and she stands on her back feet and begs when i say "up" but those still aint been perfected and it has taken a long time!! :lol::love::love:

My rabbits don't get free run and so that particular issue is not familiar, bu raucous, awkward bunnies are :D

My rabbits listen and know exactly what to do (like if they do something and I say 'no', they do know to stop) and then they carry on and do it anyway, looking at me to see what sort of reaction they get. They are like little children who are pushing the boundaries.

All the bunnies respond to their names...

If Ronnie is misbehaving (99% of the time) we say 'Ronnie No' in a low stern voice, and he'll hop away from whatever he was doing :lol:

Lola on the other hand, knows her name but doesnt understand the whole No thing yet, so if you say Lola No she just looks up at you as if to say 'what, dont disturb me in busy!'

Lottie and George automatically get into their hutch of an evening when i open the patio door as they know its veg time :) xXx

People who don't have bunnies wouldn't believe it, would they?!

My two house bunnies (SmokyJoe and Lizzie) will go into their enclosure when I click my fingers.
They also know the noise I make that means food - a kind of clicky mouth noise - like you'd make for a baby :lol:

None of mine would listen apart from Pringle, hes in the house at the min, he stays n my room but i often let him have the run of the house, when i shout on him he just comes running, he follows me about and if i need him out a room i just say "pringle come on" and he follows me :). The rest seem to have selective hearing, they like the words "breakfast" and "teatime" :roll:

All the bunnies respond to their names...

Lola on the other hand, knows her name but doesnt understand the whole No thing yet, so if you say Lola No she just looks up at you as if to say 'what, dont disturb me in busy!'

All Lola's must be the same!!! Thats exactly what my Lola does.:love:

My 2 are very naughty at times. Hayden usually listens when you shout her name and she usually runs away. Dudley I think is deaf sometimes. He doesn't usually listen when i shout his name. I do think they love to be naughty and when I shout or sometimes have to chase them from a certain area they binky away. They think it is a game:roll:

I just went outside to check on two...got completely ignored

went back inside to get some grub...guess what ? completely mobbed - truely slave to the bunnies :roll:

Depends what mood they're in. Faline mostly always comes to her name. Just posted a vid of her in stories and photos responding to her name. Molly can be stubborn though. If he doesn't want to come out he wont. He'll always go back in though. He's very much a home boy. :lol:

The word 'no' is a bit hit and miss. :lol:

lol if u say honey she looks up but then carries on doing what she doing lol she kows what down means though as i say this when shes on the couch and she hops off!!:lol:

Back