• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pringle seems to have wee on him... HELP U/D - Post 84 - Blood results

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry::cry: i am SOOOOOOOO worried i am shaking :cry:. Dont know if you have read but my wee girl Parsley was pts yesterday with what we believe was e.cuniculi she had urinary incontinence and it got worse and worse. Well last night i noticed pringle had a wee drop wee on bottom of his tail, tummy and inner legs a bit, i cleaned him up and gave him 0.3ml of baytril incase, this morning he was dry and he has been all day, earlier he done the toilet in his litter tray and i checked him and he was dry, 10 minutes ago i checked him and the bottom of his tail is a little wet and the inner of his legs is wet just a little, i have cleaned him again the bottom of his feet look quite red and sore. I gave him some more baytril this morning and tonight, im going to take him to the vet tomorrow morning for a check, i am so scared he has got e.cuniculi :cry::cry::cry::cry: he cant.........:cry::cry:.

He is already on 0.5ml of metoclopramide twice a day. 0.5ml of zantac twice a day, 2ml of paraffin twice a day and 1/4 tablet of prepulsid a day for his tummy problems, so i really dont know if he should be getting baytril upon this or what. Im so terrified, please send vibes for pringle boy :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

why why why :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh hun, i have no advice, just wanted to send you vibes xXx I hope Pringle will be ok *Hugs* xXx

Vet hasnt seen Pringle so doesnt know, i wanted to see what he was like today and he has been dry all day until a little while ago :cry:. I got laminate floor put in my room so wasnt sure if it was that to start with as their was a wee on the floor but i checked tonight and their doesnt seem to be any wee anywhere, i suppose that was just wishful thinking :cry:. I am so terrified he has this.... he's been through so much he just can't :cry:

If you think it might be EC again then he needs to be treated with panacur not baytril. It is quite a safe medicine so probably wouldn't cause a problem in conjunction with the other drugs but only your vet can say for sure. As you had another bun pass from what was possibly EC I'd recomend treating all you rabbits with panacur & you'll need to do it about 3 times a year.

If you think it might be EC again then he needs to be treated with panacur not baytril. It is quite a safe medicine so probably wouldn't cause a problem in conjunction with the other drugs but only your vet can say for sure. As you had another bun pass from what was possibly EC I'd recomend treating all you rabbits with panacur & you'll need to do it about 3 times a year.

They have all been treated with panacur, and im giving pringle panacur just now. :cry::cry:

The Baytril is fine to use with the other drugs you have mentioned but will only help if he has a UTI not EC.

I suspect his feet are sore from urine scold, it can cause issues on the hocks as well as the inner legs if they stand in their pee.

Do you have a barrier cream you can apply as a temporary measure

Ah glad to hear the Baytril is okay, thats what i was worried about with the other drugs you mentioned, but i didnt have a clue.

Thanks Sooz.

Hope he is okay :)

Hugs to you and Noserubs to him..

Its the bottom of his feet that are red, i will put sudocream on them to help.

Im so worried, i hope he will be ok :(.....

The Baytril is fine to use with the other drugs you have mentioned but will only help if he has a UTI not EC.

I suspect his feet are sore from urine scold, it can cause issues on the hocks as well as the inner legs if they stand in their pee.

Do you have a barrier cream you can apply as a temporary measure

The vet gave me baytril when patch had headtilt and when parsley had urine on her :?.... so was that not helping? patch head went back to normal within a few days, was that the panacur that done that? Will the panacur only help pringle if he has EC or is their anything else he can get for it? will baytril not help, sorry for so many questions :cry::roll: xx

Sending vibes for Pringle, Hayley. I know how he means to you.

Fingers crossed it isn't anything serious.

Sorry if I come across patronising (dont mean to be) :oops:

Has he been given the full 28 day dose of panacur? As the shorter dose wont do anything for EC.

I hope he gets better soon. Stitch had a similar problem but the two months I had him he had it on two separate occations each lasting a day :?

Sorry if I come across patronising (dont mean to be) :oops:

Has he been given the full 28 day dose of panacur? As the shorter dose wont do anything for EC.

I hope he gets better soon. Stitch had a similar problem but the two months I had him he had it on two separate occations each lasting a day :?

Pringle hasnt had the 28day course as he had no signs of it but im giving him it now, Patch is still getting his couse since he had headtilt and all others i gave them well it was only going to be 9day course but ended up about 12 as i was a bit worried :oops:.... Patch should be nearly finished his 28day course, Im going to give pringle it just incase, im just so worried as Parsley deteriorated so quickly....:cry:

Pringle hasnt had the 28day course as he had no signs of it but im giving him it now, Patch is still getting his couse since he had headtilt and all others i gave them well it was only going to be 9day course but ended up about 12 as i was a bit worried :oops:.... Patch should be nearly finished his 28day course, Im going to give pringle it just incase, im just so worried as Parsley deteriorated so quickly....:cry:

Sorry to hear about Parsley, it's horrible when it all happens so suddenly :cry:

At least Pringle is on the 28 day course now. I dont think there is any other meds you can give him unless he appears in pain. I would maybe see if the vet can check for infection too just incase that's the problem.

Other than that keeping him clean and dry and continue to use the sudocream when needed. Perhaps if the fur is long in that area trim it back a little.

I really hope it's not serious though and he'll be back to normal again soon :)

Sorry to hear about Parsley, it's horrible when it all happens so suddenly :cry:

At least Pringle is on the 28 day course now. I dont think there is any other meds you can give him unless he appears in pain. I would maybe see if the vet can check for infection too just incase that's the problem.

Other than that keeping him clean and dry and continue to use the sudocream when needed. Perhaps if the fur is long in that area trim it back a little.

I really hope it's not serious though and he'll be back to normal again soon :)

Thank you, im going to take him to vet tomorrow for a check -up see what vet says... im dreading it :(. will continue panacur for 28days, and i suppose time will tell :( xx

Back