• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right, Ideas, Thoughts, DIY skills

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
This hutch used to house our Guinea Pigs, we have since upgraded.

SDC11533.jpg

Each level is separate, just under 4ft long and 18inches high, cept the top level which is slightly higher due to roof.

I am however wondering if we could make some improvements and attach an avairy style run for them, as soon i am having my male Percy neutered and aim to bond him with my 2females.

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

If not tis going to tip! :lol:

:shock: Its too good to go to the tip hun!!

Do guineas use ramps :? My knowledge on guineas isnt great... but could you maybe add some ramps so they can use the bottom and the middle level, then add a 5ft run :) ( I say 5ft as they only have small legs dont they) :) xXx

Probably a load of rubbish... but just an idea :)

If not... you could put it on ebay for g.pigs :) It looks in good cond :) xXx

Thanks Becky.
Yes it is in good condition with a good clean up and some paint and new bolts it would look brill.

I say ramps as i dont feel happy with the overall size of each level so would want to give them more space. But yes i know what you mean about ramps in general.

I dont want to put it on Ebay as you never know if they will use if for Guinea pigs or whether a poor rabbit will end up in it. We got it from a lady who had two rabbits in it. How i dont know as the holes through to sleeping area are tiny. My piggies only just fit :shock:

Thanks Becky.
Yes it is in good condition with a good clean up and some paint and new bolts it would look brill.

I say ramps as i dont feel happy with the overall size of each level so would want to give them more space. But yes i know what you mean about ramps in general.

I dont want to put it on Ebay as you never know if they will use if for Guinea pigs or whether a poor rabbit will end up in it. We got it from a lady who had two rabbits in it. How i dont know as the holes through to sleeping area are tiny. My piggies only just fit :shock:

My piggies are fine with ramps and seem to enjoy them. You could always put carpet or something on them to give them more grip.

Mine seem to love their ramp and are always up and down it. Ive made it the long so its less of a slope and it has a side so they cant fall off. I love my other half sometimes;) :lol:.

:lol: @ railing. bless the little piggies.

you could always make a little mesh guard with a wooden top sort of thing so they dont fall off the ramp :) Like attach a side to the ramp :)

I agree about the ebay thing... that was a bad idea. Can just imagine 2 buns on each level :( :( xXx

:lol: @ railing. bless the little piggies.

you could always make a little mesh guard with a wooden top sort of thing so they dont fall off the ramp :) Like attach a side to the ramp :)

I agree about the ebay thing... that was a bad idea. Can just imagine 2 buns on each level :( :( xXx

Aha good idea.

Cant wait to start this project. Going to build a run onto front for definate!

Back