• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thistle Hall?

Yep with a run :), i saw one for the first time in RL and they are much bigger then i thought :)

I have two tiny buns in one and they do fine. I would suggest additional weather proofing (whihc you'll probably do anyway) though because ours get really soggy in the rain and the bottom floor started to disintegrate.

I have two tiny buns in one and they do fine. I would suggest additional weather proofing (whihc you'll probably do anyway) though because ours get really soggy in the rain and the bottom floor started to disintegrate.

I had a piggie in a Sage House a long time ago and i noticed that....Hmmmm.

A run attached or run access during day?

Yes, it will be fine! My Squishy and Holly share one, they are both smallish lops......they have a permanently attached run on the front of theirs. They love it! :D

Yes, it will be fine! My Squishy and Holly share one, they are both smallish lops......they have a permanently attached run on the front of theirs. They love it! :D

Hmm how did you attach run? I may have to attach it to back or side if i was to do it permanently due to garden layout.

I laid paving slabs in front of the hutch, then used folding welded wire dog runs to make the run fence around. Where it meets the hutch, I just nailed the panels right onto the hutch with big fencing staples! There is one panel in the kennel pens that swings open and closes with clips. I clip the bottom left hutch door open so that it doesn't swing shut and accidentally shut them out! :shock:

I laid paving slabs in front of the hutch, then used folding welded wire dog runs to make the run fence around. Where it meets the hutch, I just nailed the panels right onto the hutch with big fencing staples! There is one panel in the kennel pens that swings open and closes with clips. I clip the bottom left hutch door open so that it doesn't swing shut and accidentally shut them out! :shock:

Aha i just searched and found pics of your setup.

Do they get shut in the hutch or do they have access 24/7?

If i was to attach a run it would be to the back of the hutch and i worry this could damage the hutch?

Just dug this pic out.............

ABackGarden13.jpg

I think you could probably cut a hole through the back for access for them, if you put some wooden battons around it to support the cutout as it is T&G.

I have a cover panel that I clip onto the top if I want them ranging 24/7. But if the weather is particularly nasty, I shut them in over night as these two WILL sit out in the pouring rain given the chance! :roll: :lol: I don't shut them into the hutch for any longer than I have to, though, even though they don't seem to mind.

Actually, sitting here trying to visualise the inside of the hutch, I think it *might* be plywood on the back panel instead of T&G, in which case you could definately cut a hatch in the back. I will check in the morning and let you know for sure!

Back