• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding- update question??

Rice

Mama Doe
Ok guys, I need your bonding vibes today! I'm going to attempt to bond Alfred and Piper again ;) Last time they tried to kill each other so fingers crossed they fall in love this time :lol:

Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Ok guys, I need your bonding vibes today! I'm going to attempt to bond Alfred and Piper again ;) Last time they tried to kill each other so fingers crossed they fall in love this time :lol:

Wish me luck!!

good luck before you start ensure its a small area and everything in it has been neutralised.... also i assume both buns are neutered?! good luck another tip remeber that humping chasing and nipping including fur pulling is normal its the biting adn locking on to watch out for vibes your way xx

They're still sat in the carrier together, not enough room to fight in there :lol:

Everything's been neutralised and all that, and yes they're both neutered/speyed. I tried to bond them about six months ago and they fought for hours without letting up. Poor Alfred was so stressed he wouldn't eat or drink the whole time. Hopefully it goes better this time around ;)

So they've not stopped chasing each other all day yesterday and all through the night. Poor Alfred is huddled in the corner scared of mean old Piper. So how long should I leave them in there to bond? At what point do I say they're not going to be friends?

well sadly some are just not ment to be friends, my 2 sisters were lovely till they got to 6 months old , they had a fight in my bedroom one ending in a torn ear, fight number 2 ended in another torn ear, tried again in a small space etc and all hell broke loose and was advised not to put them back together again as the fights would just get worse , so i split them up one was bonded with a male and they are as loved up as anything , and the other is now a housebun, its up to you if you want to keep trying hun but personally it will probably just get worse now they have fought xx :wave:

No torn ears so that's good I guess. Sorry to hear about your buns :(

I just don't want to admit defeat! :lol:

If they're just chasing and there's not any locked on fighting, I would keep them together and just keep a very close eye on them. Has Alfred been eating and drinking this time round?

Alfie and Bubbles had to be rebonded after a fall out and I remember thinking at first that they would never be friends again. Bubbles was petrified of Alfie and would run off everytime he went near, which in turn made Alfie chase and nip her. :shock: It took a couple of days to see any real improvement and there was still a small amount of chasing after a couple of weeks but now they're brilliant together.

How's bonding going? Any fights yet? Mine are still ignoring eachother, with the occasional meeting in the middle! :roll:

They're in the entry way, which hubby is none too pleased about :lol:

There haven't been any major fights, just a lot of fur pulling and chasing. I'm encouraged by your post KarenM, that sounds exactly like mine. Piper comes over for a look and Alfred freaks out and runs so Piper chases him and attacks :roll:

I guess I'll give it a few more days and see how it goes! :D

I would. It sometimes takes quite a long time for the initial chasing and nipping to quieten down. As long as they have both got somewhere they can retreat to - a tunnel or box or carrier so they can take "time out" then they should be fine. ARe they just ignoring each other some of the time?

I guess I'll give it a few more days and see how it goes! :D

I would too. :D Bubbles soon realised that Alfie wouldn't chase her if she just sat still and things improved very quickly once she stopped running away. Hopefully the same will be true of Alfred. Good luck and keep us posted. :D

I would. It sometimes takes quite a long time for the initial chasing and nipping to quieten down. As long as they have both got somewhere they can retreat to - a tunnel or box or carrier so they can take "time out" then they should be fine. ARe they just ignoring each other some of the time?

They ignore each other until one of them gets too close to the other, then they freak out :? Alfred is spending most of his time in his little hidey box. He's so scared of Piper, poor guy ;)

Last edited:
It took weeks for mine to stop chasing, as I have one diva of a girl and one drama queen. They are settled now but still chase every now and then. Good luck with your buns - sounds quite good so far:)

I thought you had to keep on trying to bond and keep an eye on them ALL the time?
How do you do this if they are together 24/7?
I have never bonded but hope to in the summer. When it gets warmer as they are outside bunnys.
Just interested for when the time comes.....:?

Back