• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training advice

i am currently litter training my 10 wk nearly 11 wk old baby boy... not old enough to have the snip and he aint too bad... dont wee on my carpet, and dont poo everywhere just odd bits... but he has a habit of weein on my dressing gown... plus he also prefers to sleep in his letter tray that use it as a loo...

any tips on good techniques... cos its not quite the same as a cat n bein able to tell if there goin so u can put them in there... so any tips would be very useful!!!

cheers

most of them sleep in there litter tray, try putting hay near or in the litter tray as they tend to like to poop whilst eating it lol, my honey pees on fleecy things like my dressing gown and throws so i tend to keep these away from her...

Lola pees and poohs on my dressing gown and my sofa.

When I was litter training Lola when ever she pood or peed on something I would put it in her litter tray in her cage and she soon got the message.

She is not perfect - she still loves to poo on my sofa and mark her territory but she does hop in her cage more often than not to use the loo.

Ive give Sophie two boxes, her litter tray and a cardboard box full of yummies. She seems to recognise that one is 'food' ie the really nice stuff is in there, and this is where she sleeps, and the other is for her business. Although since she has been spayed, she poos everywhere(except the box), and has gone back to square one.

Back