• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

readygrass

jenny s

Mama Doe
am i ok giving this to my buns they are 13 weeks now??

when can i give them veg. they have eaten a small amount of grass when they are out and there poo's seem fine except for the past two days there were more squished poos but i think that is down to the fireworks

thanks

I think, readigrass is used along side hay, just cos of the price. I pay 4pounds for a bale of hay, where at its 10pounds for the same size bale of readigrass.

mine get a handful each, every couple of days, along with unlimited farm hay and other treat hays. Although there is research to prove that readigrass (and short cut hay) are better stimulation for rabbits and horses, rather than eating long strands.

At 13 weeks I would be introducing small bits of fruit and veg, about the size of yout thumb in total. Introduce one at a time, and watch for 'results' over then next few days.

You can try them on a small amount of readigrass Jenny :) Like anything new though, give in small amounts :)

Im sure you could also start to try them on veg... is start with something basic like spring greens... or cauliflower leaves if you ever use cauliflower? Just give them a TINY piece each, literally, the size of a 50p :) You can gradually up this if theyre poos are normal.

2 of my buns have had softer buns over new year, i too think it was because the fireworks :(

If they havent had grass before, until the last few days remember to limit that too as you would a new food :)

How are these little guys doing :) xXx

thanks for the reply

ive just been out to them and gave them a small amount and they :love::love: it i even mangaed to sweep the shed with the door open and no escapeeees. i only gave them a small bit to try.

they do have the hay cookies from p@h and it takes 2 days to eat them, i also give them timothy hay.

hi becky

they are doing fab bless them.

i was very naughty and let them eat grass when i first got them as how are you ment to stop them eating when they are out playing lol

they also eat the bush in the garden too:oops:

they are abit grumpy as they are separeted now in the same shed but it wont be for long :lol: snip snip

ive seen spring greens in morrisons as april use to eat them also they let you have the cauli leaves for FREE

hi becky

they are doing fab bless them.

i was very naughty and let them eat grass when i first got them as how are you ment to stop them eating when they are out playing lol

they also eat the bush in the garden too:oops:

they are abit grumpy as they are separeted now in the same shed but it wont be for long :lol: snip snip

ive seen spring greens in morrisons as april use to eat them also they let you have the cauli leaves for FREE

Aww bless them :) Yeah i agree about the grass, Ronnie was out there on the grass when i first got him :D He loved it!!

Can they still see each other when theyre in the shed?? Time will fly and they'll soon be back together :love:

All our buns have a small handful of readigrass daily hun, so a small amount shouldnt hurt them, theyre such lucky buns!! xXx

they can still see each other as what hubby did was get a dog run pannel and fixed it down middle of shed so they can see each other through the mesh. im hoping as the vet did say they do males at 16 weeks that he can be done in around 3/4 weeks maybe jan payday 29th so wont be long then they can be together:love:

Back