• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay and Feed Not Delivered.....Nightmare !!-U/D Sorted !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh I am so cross !!
I ordered my hay etc as normal to be delivered today. It had not arrived by 2pm so I called to check that it was on the way. I was told 'yes'
By 4pm it still wasnt here (it usually arrives at about 1pm) I called again to see what's going on. I was told the delivery was done on New Year's Eve :shock:
It wasnt............:?
After much discussion it transpires the driver claims he tried to deliver it New Year's Eve but the garage was locked so he took it back. The garage was not locked.
No-one phoned to tell me and as I wasn't expecting the order til today I did not chase it up.......til today.
So I am now left with no hay and no A+P til Monday :censored:
I am affraid I just lost it and went off on one :oops: I am not usually that way unless pushed but it was the attitude of the person I was speaking with that really :censored: me off :evil:
Trouble is I fear I may have shot myself in the foot as the Farm I buy from is about 20 miles away and has never charged for delivery..........
I am going to be up :censored: creek without a paddle if they refuse to deliver any more.

Oh :censored:

Last edited:
I always wondered how you got enough hay in for your lot!
So annoying when you get let down. That happened to me a couple of weeks back and I ended up having to order online - cost me the same in delivery as it did for the pellets :roll:

Oh pants what a stress. Im sure they value your custom enough to carry on as you are. Your buns must get though a hell of a lot of food. They need you:evil: :lol:

A similar thing happened to me on Christmas eve. I ordered 2 bales of hay to be delivered but they only brought 1 as they had run out :roll: They even took my number incase there was a problem, but did they call me, no.

By the time I knew about it everywhere else had shut, so we ran out on Boxing day :roll: and Steve had to going looking round farm shops first thing saturday morning to find a decent bale.

OH, how TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: There is NOTHING more stressful than running out of things that your animals need when you KNOW that there isn't going to be any place that you can get any for a while. They REALLY let you down badly. My guess would be that the driver just couldn't be bothered to try the delivery so just took the stuff back to the shop. I would have given them a very unpleasant mouthful too.....they DESERVE it! :evil: :evil:

I hope you manage to make do until Monday.....though you shouldn't HAVE to! :evil: If they refuse to deliver to you anymore, then they are doubley in the wrong.....you had every RIGHT to be angry!!! :evil:

Jane, if you are out completely of either, i have a sack of a+p and a bale you can have x

Awwwwwwww thats really kind of you !!

I have just swallowed my pride and phoned them back to apologise for my rant......:oops:
I really would be in dire straights if they refused to deliver anymore. The chap was fine and quite amazed that I bothered to apologise.
He is trying to get a driver to do a special delivery tomorrow morning.

Awwwwwwww thats really kind of you !!

I have just swallowed my pride and phoned them back to apologise for my rant......:oops:
I really would be in dire straights if they refused to deliver anymore. The chap was fine and quite amazed that I bothered to apologise.
He is trying to get a driver to do a special delivery tomorrow morning.

Aww thats good, hope he can, if not, my offer still stands :)

My people almost stopped delivering to me as when they open the truck, its like a vacuum and hay blows out, some guy came running out his house threatening the man because the hay was blowing in his garden :evil::evil:

My people almost stopped delivering to me as when they open the truck, its like a vacuum and hay blows out, some guy came running out his house threatening the man because the hay was blowing in his garden :evil::evil:

Our whole street is covered in hay from deliveries, I'm surprised no-one has complained about it yet

Same thing happens here but thankfully my garage, where they put the delivery, is in a block away from anyones precious garden :rolleyes:

I dont think many of my neighbours would moan even if hay did blow into their gardens. It cant be as bad as all the empty crisp packets, cans, McDonalds stuff, fag ends etc......etc that get dumped by the local thugs :roll:

Oh, I know what you MEAN!!! :roll: We have a hedge along the front garden, and every single night the local delinquents stuff it full of crisp packets, sweet wrappers, cigarette packs, drink bottles, etc. It drives me MAD!!! :evil: :evil:

Oh, I know what you MEAN!!! :roll: We have a hedge along the front garden, and every single night the local delinquents stuff it full of crisp packets, sweet wrappers, cigarette packs, drink bottles, etc. It drives me MAD!!! :evil: :evil:

There is a large hedge surrounding a (Private) school near me. It was being used to hide some of the 'too much money to know what to do with' kids whacky backy :shock:

:roll:

:wave: Hi Jane

If you can't get any tomorroe i know a place nearby that has bales of hay :D

Likewise Jane. I am off to to the farm tomorrow and then up to Twickers on Sunday so let me know if it doesn't arrive. I can get A and P too.

Helen:D

Jane

I had 2 bales delivered earlier this week, so if you need a bale I have one you can have. Should tide you over until Monday morning.

Thanks so much Katie, Helen and Janice :D
I am going to call the Farm at 9am to confirm that they have arranged for a driver to do a special delivery today.
I do feel :oops: about going off on one but what with being poorly I seem to be even less able to cope with life's 'trials' than normal :oops:
I seem to keep either bursting into tears or getting really cross :oops:

Back