• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to take Benito to the vets Update Sad News

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=152541 this is the original thread when I got him

I went into feed him this morning and he was lay in his litter tray with his head facing the back of his hutch so ~I called his name and he didn't eve flinch. He was taking short quick breaths (I really thought this was the end:cry:) and when I picked him up he never flinched or moved (not him he is an absolute wriggler and live wire). While i was holding him I felt a lump in his stomach and obviously feared the worst:(. Whether it was my driving to the vets or he had decided not to panic me, the lump had gone but he as a very gassy tummy, as had all the meds necessary and I have brought him home with me as I want to treat him here as it will only cause him more stress by them keeping in him:D
Little monkey, need loads of vibes for him to get better

Last edited:
He won't take any fluids, well he takes them and then spits it at me, he definately won't swollow it:(. I am wondering if it would be best for me to take him into the vets to be hospitalised:cry: any ideas or thoughts anyone I really do not want to lose him as he deserves a good life after the start he as had:?

I am SO sorry to hear that he is unwell. :cry: :cry: Perhaps if he continues to refuse to swallow liguids he will need IV fluids? :(

Poor bun......sending him loads of get well vibes, and huge hugs to you. :( xxxxx

god we've been there today too! Awww Kay! The vets are greaqt and if he is really not taking anything in so he could go on a some sort if iv or something there. Loads of vibes from all of us here!!! :love::love::love:

Lisa, the buns, Moo, Lottie and...er...oh yeah, Stephen! :love:

If he isn't taking any fluids, he definately needs hospitalisation as he'll dehydrate without any. You've tried keeping him comfortable, but i think he needs a bit more help, hun. Good luck with him.

I have just got back from the vets. He is all IV'd up and they are going to syringe feed him for me too:cry:

I have just got back from the vets. He is all IV'd up and they are going to syringe feed him for me too:cry:

He's in the best place Kay! I hate leaving the bunnies there but they can cater for everything he needs. He'll be great. Thinking of you all!!

I know he is in the best place but he as gone through so much he is our special little boy:D

I know he is in the best place but he as gone through so much he is our special little boy:D

JUst read your other post about him - must have missed it first time round. Awww lil' lad. he's made it this far Kay so he's built of stern stuff! He's a fighter and we are all here sending vibes xxxx

Unfortunately Benito had to be helped to the bridge at 2-30am this morning his stomach swelled and he was struggling to breathe and was refusing syringe feeds of any description:cry::cry::cry:

I cannot believe our special boy as gone he was still only a baby, David is really upset:cry::cry::cry:

Back