PDA

View Full Version : Squidy's still not right

HS
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
About 5 weeks ago, Squidgy developed a limp on his left front paw. He had also lost a little weight.
Vet examined him, and could find no obvious reason for the limp and suspected possible soft tissue damage or arthritis.
We treated with metacam for a week, as advised by the vet, but with no improvement. Then a 28 day course of Lapizole to eliminate EC as a cause.
He still has the limp, but is fine within himself and is eating lots, including porridge.
He had a steroid injection yesterday, and we're hoping this will help. Squidge is at least 7 years old, but we've no idea of his history, so he could be a lot older than that.
We're just puzzled really, and hoping we can get to the bottom of this.

loopylop
01-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Awww, sending vibes to squidgy's little paw ~~*~~

bunnymadhouse
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
oh dear ... could he have sprained it perhaps ... sprains can take a long time to go right :?

HS
02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Thank you.
I may be imagining it, but he looks a little more mobile on it today. He's certainly very lively - into everything as usual!

*lily*
02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Awww Get Well soon, Squidgy :D

jakies13
02-01-2009, 07:59 AM
sending vibes x

bunlover
02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
we hada similar problem witha rabbit once.. and the vet examined but could find nothing there.. then after a week of it getting worse(once bandaged as thought possibly a sprain) it was getting mroe swollen then as well we took to see a different vet adn they foundusing a magnifying glass a tiny thorn which was actually in by the nail which is why she was limping she seemed better some days than others i suspect dependant on how the thorn moved... i know its unlikley but thought id mention it jsut in case your vet wants to have a second look xx

HS
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
we hada similar problem witha rabbit once.. and the vet examined but could find nothing there.. then after a week of it getting worse(once bandaged as thought possibly a sprain) it was getting mroe swollen then as well we took to see a different vet adn they foundusing a magnifying glass a tiny thorn which was actually in by the nail which is why she was limping she seemed better some days than others i suspect dependant on how the thorn moved... i know its unlikley but thought id mention it jsut in case your vet wants to have a second look xx

Thanks. I'll mention it if he doesn't improve a lot this week.
He is starting to look like he's using his leg a lot more and has certainly been much more active.