• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squidy's still not right

HS

Wise Old Thumper
About 5 weeks ago, Squidgy developed a limp on his left front paw. He had also lost a little weight.
Vet examined him, and could find no obvious reason for the limp and suspected possible soft tissue damage or arthritis.
We treated with metacam for a week, as advised by the vet, but with no improvement. Then a 28 day course of Lapizole to eliminate EC as a cause.
He still has the limp, but is fine within himself and is eating lots, including porridge.
He had a steroid injection yesterday, and we're hoping this will help. Squidge is at least 7 years old, but we've no idea of his history, so he could be a lot older than that.
We're just puzzled really, and hoping we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you.
I may be imagining it, but he looks a little more mobile on it today. He's certainly very lively - into everything as usual!

we hada similar problem witha rabbit once.. and the vet examined but could find nothing there.. then after a week of it getting worse(once bandaged as thought possibly a sprain) it was getting mroe swollen then as well we took to see a different vet adn they foundusing a magnifying glass a tiny thorn which was actually in by the nail which is why she was limping she seemed better some days than others i suspect dependant on how the thorn moved... i know its unlikley but thought id mention it jsut in case your vet wants to have a second look xx

we hada similar problem witha rabbit once.. and the vet examined but could find nothing there.. then after a week of it getting worse(once bandaged as thought possibly a sprain) it was getting mroe swollen then as well we took to see a different vet adn they foundusing a magnifying glass a tiny thorn which was actually in by the nail which is why she was limping she seemed better some days than others i suspect dependant on how the thorn moved... i know its unlikley but thought id mention it jsut in case your vet wants to have a second look xx

Thanks. I'll mention it if he doesn't improve a lot this week.
He is starting to look like he's using his leg a lot more and has certainly been much more active.

Back