• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need vibes please, He's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We desperately need some vibes for on of our bunnies who has become poorly today. What makes it worse his he is one of only 2 young healthy rabbits that we have so should, in theory, be fighting fit.
I really don't know what is wrong at the moment. He stopped eating midmorning, tried all the usual meds and have also unsuccessfully tried syringe feeding. his breathing has now started to deteriorate but this could be due to stress as was getting very anxious at being handled so much.

I have put him back in his group now to try to give him a chance to settle a bit and see if he improves :?

Last edited:
Just been to check him and if anything his breathing is worse :? I just don't understand what is going on here, it's not like anything I've seen before.

At the moment, given his temperament I don't feel a long journey to a crappy emergency vet would be in his best interest when I know that my good rabbit vet is on first thing in the morning and it's only at the end of the road :?

Sending loads of vibes for your little one. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. It's so scary just how fast they can become ill:shock:

It's not as high as it was now he is more relaxed but his nostrels are a bit flared and it is laboured.

His breathing was noisey when i tried to listen to it but he was completely paniced and had enough strength to put up a good fight. Don't really fancy trying to take his temperature.

His body also seems a bit shakey and he was doing a strange thing with his front feet earlier that concerned me :? He just sat crouched on the floor and was taking it in turns to lift one paw and then the other, they were also turned inwards. I have seen something similar in one of my buns that had a heart problem but his sounds strong and regular

I'm wondering if it is a neurological problem due to a bacterial infection,I'm not a bunny expert I'm just guessing.I really hope your bunny gets better.Sending massive healing vibes your way

Back