• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches and Runs back on Argos!

I don't believe this - how can then not know that a 3ft hutch (also on their site) is not suitable for a rabbit! They clearly state rabbit hutch.

Another thing to add to my list of things to do then - write to them and tell them how I feel.:evil:

I had a long descussion with Argos head office last year about their 3 foot hutches, I was informed that there smaller hutches were labelled as 'starter hutches' for rabbits and therefore they were not suggesting that these were to be used as permanent longer term accomodation for them.

They were not prepared to stop selling them .......

These have only recently reappeared though, they havent been on for a long time so they clearly know that they're not suitable!

I had a long descussion with Argos head office last year about their 3 foot hutches, I was informed that there smaller hutches were labelled as 'starter hutches' for rabbits and therefore they were not suggesting that these were to be used as permanent longer term accomodation for them.

Shame they forgot to put that on the description! Also says suitable for most buns, most buns come in all sizes including big :roll:

:(

the one online doesn't state that it is a starter hutch, but that is "ideal for most rabbits and guinea pigs" :shock::shock:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...|Petcare|10198758/Trail/searchtext>RABBIT.htm

This again makes me so cross.Rabbits should not be kept in cages they should be free.My bunnies are all free to run around the garden all day.In the Winter they are in a massive shed and In summer they are in a 12ft run +nest box at night.I really wish more people were educated on bunnies they are such intelligent loving souls not a throw away pet that should be sold in pet shops with these awful hutches/prisons:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Also with the single storey hutch, it seems to be a TARDIS. As in, the inside is bigger than the outside...

External size when set up (H)59, (W)109, (D)69cm.

Internal dimensions when set up (H)69, (W)119, (D)79cm.

Me thinks they have external and internal mised up!

Also with the single storey hutch, it seems to be a TARDIS. As in, the inside is bigger than the outside...

External size when set up (H)59, (W)109, (D)69cm.

Internal dimensions when set up (H)69, (W)119, (D)79cm.

Me thinks they have external and internal mised up!

Sorry.... but that made me laugh! :lol:

these hutches are terrible :(

Suitable for one rabbit/guinea pig, allowing them to stretch up on hind legs and run freely in their hutch.

Maybe someone should pop into HQ with an average size rabbit and one of their hutches. The seem to have mistake rabbits for mice.

I've just measured it out coz i couldn't quite visualise just how small it is and geez it's small :censored:

When Bella lies out flat we've measured her at 1metre, so she is in fact bigger than the cage! i know she's a giant, but it doesn't state what size rabbit could go in there, and you never know, there are some stupid people in this world who would probably try getting a giant in there :shock:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just had a shed delivered from Argos and they left their summer 2009 catalogue. The hutches are indeed tiny :(

Have googled head office and there are about a thousand different contact details etc.

If anyone has complained about these hutches who did you send the letter/email too? As I'm thinking the odd letter going to different people may not make an impact but a load of letters on one persons desk will be noticed.

Cheers x

I was informed that there smaller hutches were labelled as 'starter hutches' for rabbits and therefore they were not suggesting that these were to be used as permanent longer term accomodation for them.

That is ridiculous! Most people won't even pay any mind to that expression, quite rightly, cos what does it even mean?! How is it alright to keep a bunny in one of them 'for starters' :shock::roll:

Wow, I didnt know such small hutches existed, this is sick, I wouldnt even want to put a guinea pig in there :mad:

We should set up a petition and send it to Argos, this is just encouraging cruelty to buns and 'pigs, especially to peoples who dont actually know what buns or 'piggles need!! :( :(

surtely this is illeagal after all a product sold "must be fit for the purpose for which it is intended" from the consumer act... i think prehaps they need reminding of this so who do we write to? after all those hutches are clearly not fit for the purpose they were made for.

I'm completely disgusted... I will also be writing them a letter of complaint.

I can't find a head office address, nor any mention of where complaints should be sent. But their general enquiries address is: Argos LTD, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW.

Not sure if this one is the one to use?:?

Last edited:
It may be my eyes but that bun in the picture looks as though it's been put on the picture (if you know what i mean)

Back