• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley has gone to the bridge :-(.

Pringle

Warren Veteran
... im gutted :(.
Lately she has been back and forward to the vet with urinary incontinence. She has been on baytril and panacur for a wee while now, but she was loosing so much weight. this morning at 4am i went out to give her baytril and she didnt look right, and today she was trying to eat but it wasnt doing much. I phoned the vet and took her along, she has wee sores on her back and blood in her mouth, vet said that will be her kidneys failing and its proberly e.cuniculi :cry:.. she was so weak... i stayed with her, and she drifted off... shes now at rainbow bridge with all the other bunnies and my Nan who passed away last month.
What a start to the year :cry::cry:
Parsley is getting cremated (sp?) and i am getting her back in a garden pebble which will be placed beside her shed.

I will put Parsley on rainbow bridge later with a couple of pictures of when she was well and happy.
Im really worried now for the other buns, Patch had headtilt a few weeks ago but it cleared up within a couple of days, he is still on panacur, all other buns have had their course of panacur. But im scared one of them gets it. Kizzy who was with Parsley seems ok and happy, proberly lonely now :cry: i have giving him a lovely bed with a snuggle safe..

Please send vibes for all other buns :(..

I love you Parsley :cry::cry:

Oh sweetie, by the sounds of it Parsley will be thanking you for freeing her from pain and 100% making the right decision.
Binky free Parsley you beautiful bun.

I'm so sorry hun that you've lost Parsley - binky free little girl, sleep tight xxxx

Sending you loads of vibes for all your other buns xxx

Thank you.
The vet said she could have put her on fluids for the next 24hours but she didnt have any faith it would do anything and the best thing would be to put her to sleep... i just think what if? but she really wasnt well and i didnt want to put her through that :cry:.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: You made the right decision.

Sending loads of vibes for your other rabbits x x x

Hi Hayley - so sorry to hear your bad news - you know you made the right decision, Parsley will know you loved her and did what was best.....

Binky Free Parsley.........xxx

Vibes for the other buns..........:love:

xx

I'm so sorry for your loss hun you obviously loved Parsley very much.Sending mega vibes for your remaining buns and a great big hug for you.Sleep tight Parsley xxxxxx

Thank you Toni and Maizey.

:cry: i really cant believe she is gone, i feel so sorry for wee Kizzy being in the shed on his own :cry:, hes in a huge shed/run all on his own :cry: xx

I hope that you will be able to get Kizzy a new friend in time.I know how you are feeling Its heart wrenching to loose a beautiful bunnyxxxxx

Thank you Toni and Maizey.

:cry: i really cant believe she is gone, i feel so sorry for wee Kizzy being in the shed on his own :cry:, hes in a huge shed/run all on his own :cry: xx

Aaaawww, poor little Kizzy.....it's so hard, they know their partner has gone but they're not sure where. Can you bond him with another of your couples in time?

Give him a special nose rub from Auntie Toni........xx

i just think what if? but she really wasnt well and i didnt want to put her through that :cry:.

When you know a bun you know when they have had enough and don't want to fight any more. It's such a hard decision to make but when it's the kindest thing to do for the bun it's the right one.

Thinking of you - Binky free little Parsley - no more pain now.x

So sorry you had to make that decision, but it was the right one.
Binky free Parsley.

Thank you so much everyone. She just wasnt right, she wanted to eat so much but just couldnt. Even at the vet i had taken a wee drop veg to show vet her eating and she even sat on the table at the vet trying her hardest to nibble :cry:.

She has been through so much lately, with meds, getting her bum washed every day etc... :cry::cry:

Thanks for all your kind words. Kizzy was so hard to bond with a rabbit we tried him with a few different rabbits. I dont know if he would bond with another couple? xx

Back