• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

safe wood preserver/paint for rabbit hutch?

kat_g

Warren Scout
Does anyone know which paint/wood preserve i can safely use on my rabbit hutches? I know they should be water-based and although some tins have written on them 'safe for animals', i've been told by the RWA that it does not necessarily mean it is safe for rabbits. The RWA said I should call the manufacturers which i have but they all seem to be closed for Xmas! Can anyone help? I need to know 100% that the product is safe.
Thanks

I use B&Q own brand and its fine as long as its dry. I have used it on all my piggies and buns

The Cuprinol Garden Shades range say "Harmless to animals" and a lot of people on this forum have used them and I haven't heard of any problems.

The Cuprinol Garden Shades is the one i was looking at using, as it says its harmless. Thank you

I use B&Q ownbrand.

Have used P@H in the past but the smell is awful - it gave me a headache.

I use B&Q ownbrand.

Have used P@H in the past but the smell is awful - it gave me a headache.

I'm using it at the moment, varnishing in my garage (which isn't particularly well ventilated) and despite reading your comments about the smell in another thread, I didn't notice it. Might be a personal thing.

Back