• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unneutered boy bun as a house bun...

Poppets not neutered, he's an indoor bun and he's very good at only pee'ing in his cage :)

I'd say it depends very much on the bun, some might be good as gold, others might well spray and poop everywhere. Is there a particular reason why the bun won't be neutered?

I'm sure Bert will be ok, i need to persuad the OH to let me bring him in. And then if i bring him in and he pees everywhere i will be in trouble :lol:

It depends on the bun. Winnie was great we got him done so he could get a friend and so he does not get testiculer cancer.
But he never sprayed he was going on 2ish when we got him.
You may find he likes certain things to hump/spray ex a teddy or slipper some people do. Or he may not bother at all.

I'd say it depends very much on the bun, some might be good as gold, others might well spray and poop everywhere. Is there a particular reason why the bun won't be neutered?

He a single bun who lives outdoors and as i cant afford a wife bun (hence still being unneutered) i thought it would be best if he came inside.

neutering of a male is usually cehaperthan a girl.. my vets cgharge 48 for a boy which is quite cheap i believe.... however i do know how you feel as i just piad out for a dental with coco and he still isnt neutered yet now!! he is indoors at moment and yes he does spray but only if can smell dora andarthur around. x

Elwood and also Fidget sprayed for England, it was everywhere, lines of it all over the carpet, up walls, the sofa, and Elwoods favorite across sleeping cats :lol::lol:

It really does depend on the bunny - you'll soon find out anyway. My nethie when I was little wasn't neutered and he was impeccably behaved in the house apart from the odd sneaky pee on the sofa if he was comfy watching TV and cuddled up and couldn't be bothered getting down to go to his litter tray.

If you are on a low income, check with your local branch of the RSPCA. If you are receiving housing benefit etc... they may offer a voucher that will just about halve the neutering cost to around £20 or £30.

Just to clarify i can afford to have him neutered i just havent because i can't afford a wife bun.

I'll give it a go anyway.

Even if you can't afford to have another bun at the mo I would still recommend getting him neutered, it's a very simple non-invasive op :) Apart from the fact that it will probably make him a cleaner, less smelly bun, it will deal with any sexual frustration that he may have, so it is likely to make him happier too.

Of course there is also always a chance that your circumstances might change in the future and you can afford a wifey bun and it would be better for him to have the op while he is younger. :)

If you can afford to get him neutered I would definately get him done even if he is a lone. As Alison says it will make him much cleaner and less smelly plus he will be a lot more relaxed without all those hormones racing round his body :D

I cant say he's ever humped anything or sprayed but i'll have him done all the same...

I cant wait to have him indoors!

how old is he? Sooty was great and never sprayed but he was neutered at 5 months so we never got to the really hormonal bit.

biggles was 5 when i had him deplumed, was house trained just sprayed and humped anything that didnt move :lol:

I agree with Alison.
Just a question, are there any medical reasons for neuturing a male? Like spaying a female would be to stop uterine cancer.

I have Little Ben who is a house bun, i have cream carpets with little red marks everywhere, and also cream walls with spray marks.

So in my experience, no.

Im counting down the days till he gets neutered :D

Back