• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rydale Hutches

how do u keep them looking good alison as ours seems to have gone a little manky :( i did wood preserve them before winter.

Just wood preserver and good bunnies who use litter trays, mine is also down the side of the house so it's pretty sheltered there. It is still lasting waaaay better than my happyhutches though :)

What do you mean by 'manky'?

Sorry bad language manky ie doesnt look very good seems damp and doesnt help as we have a bun who is in the top who loves to wee down the sides :{ yuk

agree they are good hutches other than that it is more acase of i need maybe to take more care of them.
We have a block of 3 and a block of 2 outside.However we also have happyhutch indoors hutch aswell for the pggies which are good but do seem thinning wood.

thanks for the link before holiday hutch dawsons are excellent the service is second to none and the hutches for the other piggies are great x

ive got 2 ryedale hutches they are great, excellent service too, really well made and plenty of room although they are really heavy to move!. can post pics on here but can put them on facebook if you want:wave:

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the happyhutch, it's just that I think the ryedale is much more sturdy, thicker wood, better quality roofing felt, better made etc and will therefore last longer :) I reckon I'd get through at least 2 Happyhutches in the same time it'd take my buns to destroy a ryedale :D

Nothing is wrong with them, they are great for the price :) Mine has had to have things repaired on it after about a year though and it just seems very flimsy to me when I look at it next to my ryedale hutch :)

The ryedale ones are just stronger and very well made which is why they cost more, and why they will last longer x

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the happyhutch, it's just that I think the ryedale is much more sturdy, thicker wood, better quality roofing felt, better made etc and will therefore last longer :) I reckon I'd get through at least 2 Happyhutches in the same time it'd take my buns to destroy a ryedale :D

Thanks 'Santa' ;););););)
I'm pleased with my Happyhutch it's the best quality hutch we've ever had (apart from the kennel) It has got a few naughty piggy gnaw marks though :lol:

Nothing is wrong with them, they are great for the price :) Mine has had to have things repaired on it after about a year though and it just seems very flimsy to me when I look at it next to my ryedale hutch :)

The ryedale ones are just stronger and very well made which is why they cost more, and why they will last longer x

Okay thanks :)
When the pig's accomodation does give in i will deffinitely look at the Ryedales :)

Back