• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three times I had to defrost bowls and bottles yesterday

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
and they've all got that silver loft stuff on (well not the bowls obviously :lol:) done them again this morning :roll:. 1 o clock me and Bryn were down the garden last night doing them :evil: and they were still frozen this morning, I have never known it so bad :?

So cold isn't it? Was dense freezing fog here all day yesterday and is still here today :(

Yeah it's really bad, I had come down in the moring at times and had to defrost but not repeatedly through the day, you're local to me we must have got the worst of the weather. :(

I've got all my rabbits in the garage, and yet the water bottle on one of the hutches had frozen... :shock: I don't know why, but I thought, if they were undercover, it ought to prevent that. I keep going out to check obsessively now as a result!

Same here and they've got socks on and them snuggle safe covers and of a night they have the pull down cover over them, yet they still keep freezing up :evil:

Pootle wont even use a bottle, so I have to keep her bowl right next to her heatpad and change it through the day and night! :shock:

I've just looked on Metcheck up until next Thursday and it's going to be even colder all the way up til then :shock::shock:

Yep first time in years I've had to stand there with a large bucket of hot water defrosting water bottles.

Although I do tend to only do mine once or twice a day as at least then they're thirsty and tend to stop the bottle from freezing again so fast.
They do also have veggies so that also helps their fluids.

My outside tap is frozen as well again that hasn't happened for the last couple of years.:D

Oh well it should kill of some of the bugs that area round.

I'm a Bonchurch girl :) went to St Boniface, Ventnor Middle and 1/2 a term at Sandown High before moving to Rugby with my mother and sisters.

My auntie is a teacher at Sandown High - Laura Woodford. ;) My dad was the chairman of the Wight Flyers Gymnastic Club.

(ov'ners reading this might be puzzled - it's a small Island!)

It's a small world isn't it.
Do you have any other family still there.

I have a grandad and aunt's, uncles and cousins.

My grandparents and parents where involved in a lot of rotary and innerwheel .
A lot of people know the family because of this and my granddad's involvement with the council he was also a builder.

Last edited:
My buns have bowls and bottles, this morning the bowls were frozen solid but I'd put 4 pairs of socks on the bottles and they were fine :)

Chloe is selling those NASA cup that she said is thermal proof. I don't know what they look like. Either PM her or buy 1 and try out and see how it works.

Back