• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ben is sneezing

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
..uncontrolably (sp) what do i do?

Hes been doing it for a few days, theres nothing wrong, no wet nose, nothing at all. Hes eating drinking and is his happy self, yet once he starts sneezing doesnt seem to be able to stop...

:?

Elwoods has gradually built up over the past couple of weeks, I didn't take much notice of it to start with but since his myxi jab last week it has definately got worse. They are completely dry sneezes though and he isn't ill in anyway. I need some more Septrin for Eddie so I'm hoping they might give me a bit extra ;)

I have two sneezy buns. Bam Bam sneezes ALL the time, and has a snotty nose, with no known reason. He was treated by FHB and she couldn't get to the bottom of it either. Juniper sneezes a lot in the mornings. She doesn't have a snotty nose, no discharge, nothing. I think she just tries to eat her food to fast and gets pellet dust up her nose!!!! :lol:

Hmm Albie is a snotty bun, he has discharge, but as told by Faye and Jill he has been treated and nothing clears it up..

Ben doesnt have discharge nothing at all. Just dont know what it is though, poor thing.

Hes in Vets soon for neuter, so will mention it.

Liz let me know what your Vet says.

:wave::wave: Will do.

I would definately make sure nothing is likely to develop from it if he is having a GA shortly. If necessary I would hold of the neuter for awhile

:wave::wave: Will do.

I would definately make sure nothing is likely to develop from it if he is having a GA shortly. If necessary I would hold of the neuter for awhile

Hmm good point. He was booked in for 12th, maybe i will get him checked first. Its so strange, sometimes its a few times a day, then today he did it constantly for ages.

Could something be irritating his nose?

I would definately get it checked out in advance. The worst thing in the world is to loose a bunny under GA for a routine op :(

when i kidnapped my 2 boys from the farm lol one of them was sneezing a lot then he got discharge & it turned out to be snuffles, well since then he does sneeze a lot & now he as been on meds for the last 2 weeks as the vet said it is snuffles & he as no discharge, thank God he as stopped sneezing, it is worth getting it checked out with the vet as you never know.
Best of luck teresa x

lool i put snuggles meant snuffles :lol:

Last edited:
Sneezing with no snotty nose can sometimes indicate a lower Respiratory tract infection (ie in the lungs). So I would definately get Ben seen by your Vet ASAP.

Dental problems can also cause lots of 'dry' sneezes.

:)

Yes I have always put Elwoods dry sneezes down to his dental problems as he has always had the occassional clear runny eye on one side too. But as they seem a little more frequent since his myxi jab I am definately going to get him seen :D

Back