• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby & Pellet help

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Little Ruby came to me being fed on Guinea Pig food, it took about a week for her to start eating one of two pellets, Excel or A+P, to be awkward she chose Excel :roll:

It took her abit longer to start eating Veg and she is gradually eating bits of hay, nothing great though :?

I have noticed that she tends to get sloppy poo's a fair bit, could this be the Excel? As i have heard this can happen.

I would like to change her over, but she wont eat A+P, is there anything else i could try/give her to avoid the soft poo's? Her poo's are and have always been tiny compared to my others.

All mine do great on SS and love it:D
Must be difficult for you though if they all eat different:shock:

Ive not had a problem of runny poos, but maybe all the change has upset her tummy. Could you not start her back off on just hay then re introduce pellets then veg.

All three of mine have decided they don't like A+P, but going through bucket loads of hay

Ive not had a problem of runny poos, but maybe all the change has upset her tummy. Could you not start her back off on just hay then re introduce pellets then veg.

All three of mine have decided they don't like A+P, but going through bucket loads of hay

No no the runny poo isnt a sudden thing due to food change, as food change took place about 2-3weeks ago properly.

She just seems to have some runny poo's each day or her poo's are tiny.

She doesnt eat hay...thats the problem.

She is now happily eating Veg.

All mine do great on SS and love it:D
Must be difficult for you though if they all eat different:shock:

I have most of mine on A+P, cept Ruby, then i have Excel in, as some of my fosters are on Excel.

Just wanted Ruby ideally on A+P, as after she is spayed im aiming to bond her with Little Ben :love: and Ben is on A+P.

Have you tried tricking her, maybe mixing a couple of A+P with her excel.

I'm thinking of changing mine from Excel but not sure what to as i have to order it online. :?

Have you tried tricking her, maybe mixing a couple of A+P with her excel.

I'm thinking of changing mine from Excel but not sure what to as i have to order it online. :?

Yep she doesnt touch the A+P little madam.

I love her too bits, she was fate, so if she wants Excel she can have it :love: :oops: She has started to gain confidence and does some amazing binkys and darts around the living room :love:

We have one thing in common too, she doesnt like the OH :lol: ;)

**thinks to self** Of course you have, but ill ask anyways!! have you tried to encourage her to eat the hay, you know grated veg in it, adding dried dandilion leaves. Mine likt the treasure hunts I give them, a big box of hay and they have to find the veg, dried fruit and pellets that are hidden in there.

Yep she doesnt touch the A+P little madam.

I love her too bits, she was fate, so if she wants Excel she can have it :love: :oops: She has started to gain confidence and does some amazing binkys and darts around the living room :love:

We have one thing in common too, she doesnt like the OH :lol: ;)

Bless her :love:

I hope her and ben are a match made in heven. When is she being spayed?

January 12th, as is Ben been neutered! So will be a few weeks before bonding. Ruby is running about living room and Ben is in his crate, locked safely dont worry. Ben is poking his nose through bars and Ruby is grooming him.

Louise, yes have tried everything. Although she has never had hay before been with me so...may take a while. She is funny with Veg too, wont eat whilst your there :roll: :lol:

January 12th, as is Ben been neutered! So will be a few weeks before bonding. Ruby is running about living room and Ben is in his crate, locked safely dont worry. Ben is poking his nose through bars and Ruby is grooming him.

Louise, yes have tried everything. Although she has never had hay before been with me so...may take a while. She is funny with Veg too, wont eat whilst your there :roll: :lol:

Awww looks like good signs already, i moved Jack and Molly closer and he seems very interested. Just a bit worried as when i bonded before Mollys hormones came through, i chickened out when he started getting about aggressive. Will have to wait till Molly's spayed anyway.

Awww looks like good signs already, i moved Jack and Molly closer and he seems very interested. Just a bit worried as when i bonded before Mollys hormones came through, i chickened out when he started getting about aggressive. Will have to wait till Molly's spayed anyway.

Yeah, aw good luck! Hope its :love:

Have you tried Ready Grass? Worked for my hay haters and their poops are infinately improved. :)

Nope but i *think* this was mentioned.
Where do i get it? Hay Experts?

I buy it from my local petshop but I think THE sell it as do GJW Titmuss if you buy A&P from them.

I even managed to move them onto other forages after a few months on RG, but they still get through a huge bowl of it each day.

I buy it from my local petshop but I think THE sell it as do GJW Titmuss if you buy A&P from them.

I even managed to move them onto other forages after a few months on RG, but they still get through a huge bowl of it each day.

I get A+P from Burnhills (local farm shop) i have tried her with several types of hay, but she isnt that interested. She nibbles but not enough. Plus i dont like how small her poo's are.

Will try RG, thanks!

I get ready grass for 50p for a large bag down our local pet shop... id try local pet shops :) I could always get some and post it to you :) xXx

I have fussy foster buns at the min who wont touch normal meadow hay, have to buy them oxbow western timothy hay :roll: xXx

Back