• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about fireworks tonight...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

Last November, we lost Maggie, she died of heart failure, after the fireworks. I'm really scared for the others tonight. Since I found Mags dead in the run, I've been in a state of panic every morning, when I go and open their hutches, expecting to find one gone. :cry:

I just don't know what I can do, sorry, I'm not a sentimental person normally, but I'm so worried for my buns. I've covered their hutches, and attached a huge tarp around the outside of the run, so they shouldn't be bothered by the flashing lights. I cant do anything about the noise though, apart from bringing them indoors, which I know I cant do at this time of year.

We have an elderly foster too, and I know this is her 7th winter outdoors, and with her original owner, she had no hutch cover, no snugglesafe, and they lived right next to a park where there are firework displays, so she's no stranger to fireworks. But I cant help worrying.

Mag's husbun is indoors, but I also worry for him, that he wil freak if he hears it and makes a connection to the night Mags died. :cry: Can he do that? Will he remember and get upset? I might sleep downstairs tonight, just so I can listen out for stamping buns and sit with them.

I really hate the bloody things, bonfire night or month is more than enough!!!:evil: Weve just heard that the pub behind ud is letting them off at midnight:cry::cry: Archie gets really traumatised by them and Roo:cry: im dreading it.Debx

I guess im lucky. Most of mine are okay. Although i dont know about Lottie and Albie...

Will keep checking them xx

I cant bring them in, as it is SO cold here, and the house is really warm. I cant turn the heating off, as Stef's condition gets so much worse when he is cold, and one of the boys is asthmatic & gets worse in cold air.

Nick is bouncing off the walls, Zorro is freaking out BIG time. I've been out and sat in the run with the buns every time it's started, the buns are really pleased to see me, so I've just sat with them talking calmly until it's stopped.

I can hear them in their gardens, going "Ooh!" and "Aaah!", I wonder how :censored: pretty they would think it is if they saw the state of panic in this house? :evil:

It's 2.15am now, and the noise has stopped. Zorro is still very jumpy, Nick seems to be beyond caring, Ham didn't bat an eyelid. The outdoor buns has the pleasure of my company for the worst part of the fireworks (I'm so pleased I got a new huge and very warm dressing gown and funky jammies in the sales), they seemed very happy for my visits, but extremely nervous.

We shall see how the next few hours go. Maggie was fine the morning after, but passed away in the afternoon, so I will be on edge for a day or two yet I think.

my 2 are the same here, they have been scared by the fireworks but have settled down now.
I have put their heater on tonight though, as last night when i went out at 1am their water was frozen, i changed it & then went back at at 4am & it was frozen again :(
so i have put their heater on the lowest setting but i am worried with it being warmer for them & they are not used to it. They are usually cuddled up together in their box of hay but tonight they was sitting by the door.
Do you think we worry to much :lol:
Well back on my way out to check on them again, they think its dinner time every time i go out to them :lol:

We shall see how the next few hours go. Maggie was fine the morning after, but passed away in the afternoon, so I will be on edge for a day or two yet I think.
That must of been a nightmare for you hun :cry:
I'm so sorry to read that. wishing you & your rabbits well hun, i will be thinking of you, & checking this post in the morning
Teresa xx

Thanks guys.

I MUST try and get some sleep now, kids wont let me sleep when they discover me snoring on the lounge floor cuddled up with the cat in the morning! :roll:

Lmaooo u get to bed hun, just checked on my 2 & they are fine, nighty night & Happy new year to you :wave:
Teresa x

I only just woke up at 9am! :shock::shock:

Kids are playing upstairs, they must've heard me going out to the buns, but they haven't come downstairs yet.

Bunnies are OK this morning, if a little edgy. Hutches full of healthy poo for me to clean up, they are VERY pleased to get spring greens (I've managed to source some at Somerfield - expensive, but plenty in stock). They are all tucking in happily, so we shall see what the day brings in terms of poo, activity and nerves.

we had loads last night and really close. buns seem fine this morning and are happily running round the freezing garden lol

I'm please to read your buns was well Carmen, my 2 was a bit on edge this morning but as soon as they got their food, all was well :D

Back