• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What you think of this hutch?

I've been eyeing up that hutch too, my group of 3 oldies will definately need a new hutch by next autumn so am looking ahead :D

If you get it please let me kow how you get on with it, I think they do a 3 storey one too

Just checked out the play house, we have one witrh a roof that way, problem is you can't have the door open when its raining even if its warm in summer :?

I bought half of the hutch you show (one storey without roof). I haven't assembled it yet but it looks good. The back panel is plywood though, not shiplap like they suggest so very disappointed with that :( The middle bit on the front is solid/not opening so not as good as Happy Hutch, which is 3 doors on the front, but I think it will still be okay.

I'll report back when I've put it together, which hopefully will be soon.

I like it ^-^

I'm on the look out for something big and indoors for poppet.
not having much luck though

I bought half of the hutch you show (one storey without roof). I haven't assembled it yet but it looks good. The back panel is plywood though, not shiplap like they suggest so very disappointed with that :( The middle bit on the front is solid/not opening so not as good as Happy Hutch, which is 3 doors on the front, but I think it will still be okay.

I'll report back when I've put it together, which hopefully will be soon.

Ohhh yeah please do!
Will be great to hear.

Will be buying in next few weeks possibly. Still waiting for a few quotes.

I've been eyeing up that hutch too, my group of 3 oldies will definately need a new hutch by next autumn so am looking ahead :D

If you get it please let me kow how you get on with it, I think they do a 3 storey one too

Yes they do a 3storey, but if i got that would temp me to get more.

Im still debating a big shed and putting some more together :? :roll:

Rain would pour down the roof and right in the door, rather than down the sides if the roof was the other way. (Unless you could fit a guttering.)

Aha! I understand now.

Good point didnt think of that!

Hmm

ETA couldnt you put the roof on other way?

Aha! I understand now.

Good point didnt think of that!

Hmm

ETA couldnt you put the roof on other way?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Nat that comment made me laugh out loud!!! :lol:

Might be because ive nearly finished my 2nd bottle of wine... or did i read it right?

You'd surely have to move the door to the other side to prevent the rain getting in... you cant turn the roof round as then it wouldnt all fit together?

A small piece of guttering would be an ace idea :) :thumb: xXx

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Nat that comment made me laugh out loud!!! :lol:

Might be because ive nearly finished my 2nd bottle of wine... or did i read it right?

You'd surely have to move the door to the other side to prevent the rain getting in... you cant turn the roof round as then it wouldnt all fit together?

A small piece of guttering would be an ace idea :) :thumb: xXx

Maybe im just totally confused too! :oops:

I still dont understand! :lol:

Hello :wave::wave:

No you can't put the roof on the other way because it is apex and the sides are shaped with the apex not the front and back like usual sheds. There isn't room to put guttering on mine as it would hang to low for the door to open.

As Carmencole pointed out rain runs down the roof into the door way. However we were aware of that when we bought ours but it also means it doesn't run down the sides in to the run :D. We have also meshed the windows and put hinges on them so if the door is shut the windows can stay open securely.

here's the thread with piccys of mine http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=153281&highlight=playhouse

Hello :wave::wave:

No you can't put the roof on the other way because it is apex and the sides are shaped with the apex not the front and back like usual sheds. There isn't room to put guttering on mine as it would hang to low for the door to open.

As Carmencole pointed out rain runs down the roof into the door way. However we were aware of that when we bought ours but it also means it doesn't run down the sides in to the run :D. We have also meshed the windows and put hinges on them so if the door is shut the windows can stay open securely.

here's the thread with piccys of mine http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=153281&highlight=playhouse

Aha! Would you say its do'able then? :D

Back