• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post neutering pickle!

natandfluffs

Alpha Buck
My four buns (and I) have a lovely way to start our new year... they were neutered yesterday, two spay and two castrate.

They came home yesterday evening and were looking after each other well... except Bubbles came home with a collar after twice unpicking his stitches. three started eating but Wispa, one of my girls was refusing everything, so I rang the vets this morning, who said to bring her in.

Here came my first mistake- I took Pippin (the other girl) with Wispa in an attempt to prevent same sex fighting. I would have taken them all except didnt want to stress Bubbles any more given that he was still very stressed about his collar.

The vet took Wispa (and Pippin) in to get Wisp eating. I picked them up at 4- shes now eating and got some uber pain killers.

And here comes the pickle... Bubbles removed his collar and has somehow become expert at getting it off. So I got them home and the boys went 'woohoo' and started circling. Merry started spraying and humming and then just snuggles up and grooms them. Bubbles (as the dominant male) appears to want to hump everyone, and because Wisp has been in extra pain, I split him from the group. He wasn't so happy and kept finding his way in, and I now have Merry and Bubbles in a crate and the girls in a puppy playpen. The girls seem much happier without Bubbles harassing them, though I do feel for Merry who was only kissing them.

They seem fine in their pairs (for now) but am worried about keeping them seperate for too long and how to reintroduce. Any advice? Do you think the girls will be ok with it in a couple of days (Pippin wasnt too bothered, but didn't want Bubbles to harm himself either.)

Incidentally my spare room now stinks of rabbit wee, and I have been showered myself by Merry's spraying :roll:

So I'm spending my new years eve waiting to give Wispa her meds and making sure she doesn't stop eating again.... Good job I love the little :censored:s

I would keep them seperate for a few weeks if it was me, esp if your male is still showing signs of dominance. Females take longer to heal as it is a major op for them and there are internal scars too. If a male starts to hump and she is not fully healed it could lead to other problems.

Back