• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

out at night

BunnyBoo

New Kit
Just wondering if anyy of you who have house rabbits would leave their rabbit out of its cage over night just wondering cause our bunny loves sleeping oin the blanket we have under our bed?

I do :D But only because my room is very rabbit safe and is tried and tested. They can't cause or get into any harm. They love it, and it's so nice to go to sleep with a bunny snuggling in your hair. It is NOT good when they come and binky on your bed and do bunny 500s up and down it. I have three that are free range overnight on a rotational basis. I don't see a problem with it provided that wherever they are is completely rabbit proofed in all ways possible.

our room is rabbit safe too but she does like to pull at the carpet and walls just wondering because i didnt want her to be harmed by eatin carpet or wall lool

Help!!! I Cant Get One Of My Rabbits In

I have 4 rabbits who are free range in a totally enclosed garden during the day and when it gets dark they all go in a hutch enclosure. One of my boys is being SO difficult lately I can not get him in - I have literally been out in the garden WITH my 2 and a half year old boy since 3:00 trying to get him in. The other three rabbits are fine they are all in. I REALLY do not want to leave him out for obvious reasons, its BLOOMING COLD outside!!! And I dont want them out in the dark! But I can not catch him he is too fast. I have laid every trap I could think of with his favourite foods etc and every time I approach the enclosure to close it he darts out and is out. To make it all worse he is black and his Mum was a rescued wild rabbit so trust me he is VERY fast. I just dont know what to do. There is no way to catch him. If he doesnt come in for food etc I dont know what to do.

Carpet can harm them if they ingest it, so it's probably not a good idea if your bun does do that. My three are not carpet chewers which works well for me. There are plenty of ways to protect your walls, but the carpet is obviously harder. If it was a select space in your room I would suggest using hardboard or something to lay over the carpet, but obviously that would be a bit extreme doing that all over your carpet.

I have 4 rabbits who are free range in a totally enclosed garden during the day and when it gets dark they all go in a hutch enclosure. One of my boys is being SO difficult lately I can not get him in - I have literally been out in the garden WITH my 2 and a half year old boy since 3:00 trying to get him in. The other three rabbits are fine they are all in. I REALLY do not want to leave him out for obvious reasons, its BLOOMING COLD outside!!! And I dont want them out in the dark! But I can not catch him he is too fast. I have laid every trap I could think of with his favourite foods etc and every time I approach the enclosure to close it he darts out and is out. To make it all worse he is black and his Mum was a rescued wild rabbit so trust me he is VERY fast. I just dont know what to do. There is no way to catch him. If he doesnt come in for food etc I dont know what to do.
:oops:I am so sorry I was intending to start a new thread not post on the end of this one!! sorry!!! :oops::oops:

I have an indoor bunny who is free range all the time he doesn't have a crate or anything. I just ensure there's no wires for him to chew. He doesn't chew anything else luckily.

My house bunny Lenny is free range 24/7 :D He never eats anything that he isnt meant to :) He has a dog crate with his litter tray and hay in

One of my foster buns, Dominic, has free run of our kitchen...I was woken up last night by a huge bang, and went downstairs to find Dominic sat on top of my welsh dresser pushing stuff onto the floor!! :shock: :roll: :lol:

I have two and one of them, Wolfie, is a nightmare to put away at night. Like you, mine are freerange during the day, but inside a large 20 x 15 compound. Even so, trying to get him in the hutch is awful and he is so very clever that he knows all my plans.

Over the last few months as the nights have got earlier, I have started giving them their greens at bedtime. Gloria, his wifie, she latched onto the food part straight away and she is generally not hard to herd in. He is more difficult. I have blocked the space at the front of the hutch as he would squeeze under there and generally herd him with a stick. If he is being particularly awkward I get my son to stand on one side of the hutch door and I herd from the other side. He usually goes in then. But I do sympathise with you.

I now have two house rabbits since BB had her op last Monday - it's been too cold to put her back out:lol:

I've never had proper house rabbits before but BB and Joey have only been inside for 11 days and already I can trust them to have their freedom 24/7.

I have set them up a dog crate with a litter tray in it which they pop in and out of. So far BB has had just a small nibble on the bookcase, but considering she's spending most of her time lying under the dining table with all those wooden legs to tempt them, they're being brilliant.

I think o/h has happily accepted that they'll live inside until spring time:D:D:D

Yeah Our likkul bunny is becoming a lot more trust worthy now shes spending more time out in the room rather than in her cage she is now spending most of her time sleeping on a blanket under our bed rather than getting into mischief

Our 2 don't have a cage at all anymore and are just free range in their own room. They are generally good but have been known to nibble curtains and carpet but most notably the plaster on one of the walls, which is now fenced off. I would not trust the 2 together unsupervised outside of their room, Jess on her own would probably be happy to cuddle up with me over night, Elsie would be too busy planning her next mission, she never rests!

Back