• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bigwig wont step off the carpet

its most likely just because its slippery. you can try encouraging him off by putting veggies just out of his reach so that his front legs are on the wood but he can keep his back legs on the carpet. once he's ok with that, make the gap gradually bigger. he might nick the food and go back to the carpet but eventually they get it. a treatball works too as he will probably follow it when it goes off the carpet and wont be able to resist!! they are quite funny when they first start running on it - my girls do skid turns around the kitchen island! :lol:

Teddy was like that for a few days, I was considering buying a massive runner to go in the hall!

What I did to coax him off was to put his bed just off the carpet so that he could step from the carpet onto his bed, then I put his tunnel on the end of his bed so he could get a bit further out without stepping on the slippy floor. Once he had conquered that a couple of times he hopping right around it onto the floor, I think the doorway was also holding him back, maybe he was a bit unsure as to what was on the other side, this silly little method worked for me and Teddy though, and now he's everywhere lol

Back