• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is Jo Having One of Her 'Absences'......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Jo has had three full blown seizures now :cry:
Most days she has several 'strange' episodes where-by she goes off into a trance-like state and appears oblivious to all external stimuli. These 'absences' last for up to 5 minutes. Jo then appears completely 'normal' and goes back to whatever she was doing.

011-3-1.jpg

We just have to wait and see what happens with Jo........:?

Awww poor little bunster... is it a bit like a form of epilepsy? Petit mal seizure?

Just what I was thinking. We have a friend who has 'absences', he will just go off into a trancelike state mid-sentence, then a few minutes later, snap out of it and act like nothing happened.

Hope she is ok.

I have that I think. Had it a lot more as a kid than I do now & never had a full blown fit. If it's any comfort it's not painful, you just aren't focused, sort of like a day dream but you aren't thinking about anything. Infact it's like you are asleep but not dreaming. The really odd thing is that if you are doing something that's "autopilot" you can continue doing it. I had an episode driving in my 20's. I remember being on the M25 and the next thing I knew I was going up the hill on the M40 north......and I had absolutely no recollection of how I got there.

Someone snapping their fingers infront of my face a few times usually brings me out of it, if not a few minutes and I'll carry on like normal.

I know this is a tad random but it popped into my head when I was reading about her so thought I'd post it!
Is it possible she has narclepsy? Can rabbits have that? She could be having mini sleeps?

I know this is a tad random but it popped into my head when I was reading about her so thought I'd post it!
Is it possible she has narclepsy? Can rabbits have that? She could be having mini sleeps?

I guess anything is possible !!
Jo is a very happy and cheeky little Bun and does not seem to be 'suffering'.
It is distressing to witness a full blown seizure though. We have some medication that I can administer should she have a seizure that just wont stop.
She has also had a course of Panacur incase EC is involved. We really dont want to put her onto anticonvulsives at this stage as she is only about 3 months old.

I am not rehoming Jo :)

Jo is such a beautiful girl.I hope she doesn't get any worse and fingers crossed she will grow out of these episodes.A full blown fit is very frightening to witness

Oh that's good to hear. Often the wrong medication can end up doing more harm than good. I just think sometimes it's far too easy to jump to conclusions- not saying that's what you're doing. But I just mean in general.

If she doesn't seem to be in pain or distressed then I would reckon just keep an eye in the meantime?

And it sounds like you're very experienced for anything which may come.
Lots of gentle cuddles to this lovely bunny!

that must be heartbreaking hun... cant imagen how horrible that must be, cos theres nothin u can do to help her... r they gettin her some medication? You will be keeping her wont you? just givin her loads of love and effection will make things better... she needs a loing home and u can tell u love her... awww im so sorry... it really upset me readin about her... so sad

Back