• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very quick advice needed please!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Bobby and Missy are outdoor buns with access to a part of the back yard. But its absolutely freezing here and im worried its a bit too cold for them. They have a full hutch cover, a hot water bottle and two snugglesafes but its just FREEZING. I don;t think it has got above freezing at any point today. I want to bring them in for a couple of nights but it this going to affect their coats?

Lisa

I wouldn't personally. It will be even more of a shock to the system when they go back out.
If they've got plenty of hay and all the other things to keep them warm (plus each other!) then they should be fine.

same here weather freezing but mine have all been jumping about outside. we put extra hay in last night. it does affect their coats so just top up the hay they will be fine.

I wouldn't personally. It will be even more of a shock to the system when they go back out.
If they've got plenty of hay and all the other things to keep them warm (plus each other!) then they should be fine.

Ta! I kind of knew the answer but its just sometimes i feel so guilty! The other four buns plus me and ste are lovely and toastie and warm inside and they are outside. The thing is though, they absolutely hate coming indoors anyway! Ive out them in their hutch for a couple of hours while i go out for some tea and they've got all their stuff to keep them warm. They can have an hour out when I get back in then its extra hay and hot water bottles again overnight.

Im just a soft bunny mummy!! :love:

Back