• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panacur....

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
went to get paddy and lily some panacur today, and the woman in p@h was really helpful. she asked how heavy paddy was and i said at least 2kg. i havent got it spot on (i am now going to weigh him) and apparently the leaflet inside the box only has instructions for treating rabbits 2.5 kg and over...but the leaflet she gave me to look through has the treatement instructions stating for rabbits 1-2.5kg so i left it.

i think i am probably best taking him the vets?
i am just confused cos i know people treat their small/baby rabbits and wondered how this would work?! :?

Hunni, glad you didnt get it from P@H its expensive :lol::oops: Ive just ordered mine from here...

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1105

They'll each need a tube, it'll be fine for both your buns :) The pack instructions arent the clearest tbh :? Its 1 graduation for every 2.5kg of bunny... so if bunny weighs 1.2kg then he needs half a graduation :roll:

Every bunny that comes into our care has panacur, and its always the same tube you just have to alter the dose :lol: If Lily and Paddy are just slightly over/under 2.5 im sure 1 graduation a day would be fine :D :D

Good luck aswell, it can be a tricky game :D :D :lol: xXx

EDT: just re-read that, its confusing what i wrote!! :lol: Hope i havent confused you even more :oops: The vets will give it to you, our vets wanted £9.11 a tube though :? xXx

It's 1 graduation per 2.5kg of rabbit so:
rabbits 2.5kg and less have one graduation
rabbits between 2.6kg and 5kg have two graduation
rabbits between 5.1kg and 7.5kg have three graduations
and so on.

It's 1 graduation per 2.5kg of rabbit so:
rabbits 2.5kg and less have one graduation
rabbits between 2.6kg and 5kg have two graduation
rabbits between 5.1kg and 7.5kg have three graduations
and so on.

Thats much better explained Sooz :oops::oops: xXx

ah thanks you two!

thats what i thought, i'll get it sorted now.
im going to ask the vet later on about it aswell when we take paddy in xx

Thats much better explained Sooz :oops::oops: xXx

Lots of practice :lol:

For very young bunnies (kits) I would use the liquid as you can be much more accurate with this by syringe but overall Panacur is considered quite a safe drug and has been used safely in research at much higher doses than used for worming & EC treatment.

In other words, you would be hard pressed to OD an adult bunny enough to harm them.

Back