• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Panda

Hopper

Mama Doe
Meet Panda. Panda is approx 10 months though I am thinking younger by picture and now here I would put him at 5 or 6 months old!. He was found straying in west Midlands area and was on his last day at the pound and ready for PTS :( RACR (me) Managed to save him just on time by securing a rescue place, here with me. . He has Terrible mange and skin conditions and looks a little rough, poor thing for such a young age :(

Once his mange is treated and healed, he has had is jabs, nueteredand id chipped Panda will be going up for rehoming.

There is hundreds on the lists I was sent and chosing just one is awful. I chose a pup due to age and how sad an end for such a young life, but also because the only place I could secure is here and a younger dog of a bull breed will be accpeted by my 2.

Look at this little lad, so young and so neglected in a state. its more likely the mange may of been a problem to owners and he was turfed out :(

Panderurgentpounddog-1.jpg

He is pretty underweight and in need of a medicated bath. We have vets at 5.30pm tonight for vet check and to continue treatment.

He is extremely friendly, typical staffy lol. Settled straight in with in 5 mins and into crate/bed. Wolfed dinner down.

Will update some pictures as this was one taken when took into pound.

He's beautiful :love::love: I love staffs.
Was he rescued through the RHU appeal? I had an email about it, last week I think it was.

Oh, bless his heart! What a gorgeous little man he is! But seeing the condition that he is in actually has me in tears. :cry: :cry: HOW could anyone let him suffer like that?!? :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People can be SO cruel and heartless. :cry: :cry:

Sending MEGA vibes for this lovely boy......and WELL DONE for saving him from a terrible and undeserved fate. :D xxxxx

He's beautiful :love::love: I love staffs.
Was he rescued through the RHU appeal? I had an email about it, last week I think it was.

Yes he is. He is from the K9 list sent out.

He is actualy in worse condition than I expected as the photo doesnt show up how bad his skin is :( Once vet has seen him later I will do a medicated bath. Certainly a hungary little chap and just so adorable :love: I think once he has recovered and ready for rehoming he wont have a problem finding a home. He is so well behaved aswell. Doesnt snatch or jump up or anything.

Grabbed these on my phone as camer batters or dead:

SP_A0304.jpg

SP_A0303.jpg

You can see baldness here on his legs and he has all flaking dry skin on his back.
SP_A0305.jpg

I cant beleive this little guy was abandened and on borrowed time :(

Last edited:
I don't see why the pound wouldn't treat him?
Surely that's prolonged suffering?

They get basic care & treatment but in most pounds if the dog are not claimed after a certain period of time they are PTS.....so it isn't cost effective :cry::cry:

I don't see why the pound wouldn't treat him?
Surely that's prolonged suffering?

He has been treated at the pound and is said to be in alot better condition and improving. I didnt suggest the pound hadnt treated him, just the photo doesnt show up how bad he actualy is :D

They get basic care & treatment but in most pounds if the dog are not claimed after a certain period of time they are PTS.....so it isn't cost effective :cry::cry:

yes thats true. He was treated with 3 injections of Litmec. I dont think he has been bathed though for a while but that fine as he will be tonight.. Yes he was on the PTS sleep list unless a rescue could secure him a place, then all care is transferred and signed over to the rescue and they conitnue any treatment.

yes thats true. He was treated with 3 injections of Litmec. I dont think he has been bathed though for a while but that fine as he will be tonight.. Yes he was on the PTS sleep list unless a rescue could secure him a place, then all care is transferred and signed over to the rescue and they conitnue any treatment.

I collected a rabbit into my care from Sheffield Council Pound and I cannot think of a more depressing place to be as a dog lover. :(

No pounds arent very nice place to be at :( So heart breaking there are so many in there :(

When I take in dogs I refuse to kennel unless its very last option to save the dogs life. I like them to be in home surroundings so they settle in a home enviroment and use fosters.

Well we have been vets and Panda was a star bless him. He has Had a skin scrape and it is Demodectic Mange. So he is prescribed a medicated shampoo which is on order and i collect in morning and some anti biotics for the inflamed and infected skin. Weight wise wont be an issue as can get weight on him easy :)

aww poor lad :(
He is so gorgeous :love: :love: Andy sends vibes :love:

Plus on the mange front - Andy had the exact same thing. We pointed it out to them (dog rescue) but they still didnt anyhting about it. So he had baths aswell :(

Hope it all goes ok and more pics would be lovely ;) :lol:

Just learnt last night and thismorning he has kennel cough also :( this poor wee lad isnt half getting a raw deal.

More pics you say, hehe got a good few:

p5.jpg

With my Foster daughter
p4.jpg

p2.jpg

Big walk today
SP_A0310.jpg

SP_A0307.jpg

And with my eldest son who he loves and wont leave him alone, he cant get close enough to him xx
bo1.jpg

bo2.jpg

bo4.jpg

bo5.jpg

bo6.jpg

:D

Hmmmmmmmmm........... they look SO relaxed and cozy together. Maybe your son needs a dog of his very own....................;) :p

Hmmmmmmmmm........... they look SO relaxed and cozy together. Maybe your son needs a dog of his very own....................;) :p

Blahhh dont you start lol. He keeps telling me the same and how much he loves panda and that Panda loves him. Just out panda in kithcen as he has had a medicated bath and needs isloating from other dogs until dry and he is crying, so my son has set up camp in kitchen with him :lol:

Back