• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg...flopsey...oh no ...no poos ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
FLOPS HAS JUST PASSED 2 HUGE BLADDER STONES :shock: :shock: :shock:

ONE IS NEARLY THE SIZE OF A CADBURYS MINI EGG :shock: :shock:

POOR GIRL :shock:

Last edited:
never heard a peep out of her and now shes eating her food :shock:

im in shock ... never seen anything like it .. got some pics ill post tomorrow

Oh good Lord!!!!! :shock: :shock: Poor girlie!!! That must have been really painful! But perhaps she will feel a LOT better now that they are out???

Give her HUGE noserubs for me!!!!! xxxxx

Ouch, that must have been painful but I'm guessing that they're better out than in. Poor girlie, I hope this means she's on the mend. :)

Oh my life!!! :shock: Poor baby thats such a horrid thing to have to suffer! Hopefully that's what all this fuss has been about and now she will start to mend up again!!

I hope it doesn't happen again :shock: in people once you've had it you're likely to get it again!!

Sending lots of healing bladder and kidney vibes!!

Oh my goodness poor Flops :cry: Hope by passing them, she is feeling better this morning. Sending her lots of get well vibes & big cuddle xxx

well....Flops had a comfy night ... every time ive checked her shes been sprawled looking v relaxed ..

have spent ages reading up and apparently the presence of a tumor can causes changes in the urine which can then cause these stones to form ... Also infection (bacteria ) can also cause it ..... flops has had around 4 urine infections in the last 6 months ....

can also be down to diet but i think in this case its not just diet alone ...although she did have lots of alfalfa when she was with thumper as he wouldnt eat ordinary hay .

does anyone know how long it takes for these stones to develop ...i cant find any reference to this . :?

Sometimes they develope quite quickly, but often the problem starts with recurrent bouts of 'sludgey wee' leading to cystitis and UTIs. So it can be something that developes over many, many months or even years.

Unfortunately the stones can also form within the Kidneys which is obviously not good news. Hence my suggestion in my PM re the abdominal xray or ultrasound.

Sending more vibes for Flops :)

thanks jane...Flops has never realy had bother with sludgy wee (onlike nemo :?) which is why i was so shocked when she produced these last night ... she never had urine infections either until she was spayed in the summer ...i cant help thinking that there must be a connection ..either with the tumor in her uterus or the spay itself .. :?

i will suggest an x ray .

can they be removed from kidneys ???
would i want to put her through that at her age and with the probs she has :? :( i realy dont know :?

Back