• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing Question pics added pg 1

jenny s

Mama Doe
i have split the she down the middle now and feel really guilty but its only for the short term.

my question is they use to share a lareg cat carrier at bedtime but as ive only got one ive split that down the middle and gave tham half each turned upside down.
thumper is not impressed by his housing and keeps throwing it lol

any ideas what else i could use as a hidy home as they both like to have a cave to go in.

off to buy what ever i need in the morning also would a childs teddy be ok as the pet ones are small but dear

Last edited:
Mine love cardobaord boxes from the supermarket. They love to rip them to shreds, but as they're free who cares. Banana boxes are the favourite of mine.

The little plastic stools for about 2 quid from places like Wilkinsons are much appreciated by bunnies for hiding under and sitting on.

I bought 2 very large willow baskets from home bargains a few weeks ago. Charlie and Autumn love to sit in theirs and munch hay, Sophie prefers to Chew through hers, although she hasn't recently.

Alternatively you could use a plastic storage box with a door cut out and fill it with hay, so it is snuggly. Think creatively, im sure there are things in your house which would be suitable for the bunnies, rather than going out and buying something.

Could you not get another pet carrier jenny? This way they will both be able to have one, once youve finished using it you could just sell it :D

A childs teddy would be ok, just make sure they dont chew it :) Ronnie has a childs teddy and grooms it all the time, hes never attempted to chew it :) xXx

well i went to homebase and they had a cardbord box lol

here is there setup at the moment, doesnt seem very big but they do spend loads of the time in the garden and the house. when i have some more money im going to do something fancy to it.

thumper has the box and holly is in the cat carrier.

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture024.jpg

just worked it out their space is 6"x2"

it has just taken tiffany 20 mins to clean out thumpers side lol she will learn

Thats great :D Perhaps you could put a shelf up at the back for them it adds another level :) My buns have lino on the floor for ease of cleaning and its cheap too ;) Your set up looks s neat and tidy ! Here is a piccy of one of the insides of the playhouses. My buns sleep on the shelf and look through their window :lol:

babies019.jpg

babies018.jpg

your setup looks fab

mine will only be like it untill thumper has been done then i will take the divide down. i want one of them housy things you have and then i will add a shelf and stuff but not sure what yet

your setup looks fab

mine will only be like it untill thumper has been done then i will take the divide down. i want one of them housy things you have and then i will add a shelf and stuff but not sure what yet

It looks great! I love it:love::love:

Steph, when I had the playhouse, I modeled mine on those piccies:lol: I have to say, it never turned out as good as yours.

Jack x

Back