• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Sophie's Jumper!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Sophie was a nawty girl last week and took her stitches out from her spay wound.:censored::censored:

She now has staples in, and was getting VERY stressed having a collar on.

So we improvised. She is only a small bun, so OH sock and a pair of scissors later !!!

IMG_6708.jpg

IMG_6715.jpg

She looks very cute. Back at the vets Jan 2nd for the staples out!!

:lol::lol: She looks lovely!!!! They get so stressed with the collars on :( Definately a better idea :) xXx

We tried two different types of collar, but neither she was comfortable with. The first one was off within seconds! Both she and I are looking forward to the vets though, as she is starting to look a little scraggy, as the staples are limiting her movement a little, so she can't groom properly.

I don't know if it is the spay, but she is changing colour too. from a caramel brown to a coffee coloured brown, hormones, or just growning up!?!?

Was doing that easy?

I've just got my babies back, but Bubbles woke up and pulled his stitches out once he was able:roll:

He had to have another anaesthetic to be sewn up. I've no idea how he did it as the stitches are internal and glued externally... but he came back with a collar. I literally got them home an hour ago and he looks so disorientated with the collar and he's trying to get out of his carrier but seems to feel safer there.

How would he actually eat with a collar on?! (sorry to hijack the thread a little) x

Hi the circumfrence of the collar was bigger than her bowl so she had no problem eating. not sure how the sock would work with a boy, as with Sophie her bum sticks out, so she can poo and wee as normal. I didn't have any trouble with either of my other buns

oh dear i can just imagine the collar fitting around the bowl!

i've just managed to tempt him with broccoli and my husband has just discovered him eating veg of his own accord so think i will resort to taking it off tomorrow when I am able to supervise!

you might be right about the logistics of boy bits and a jumper!!

thanks x;)

maybe you could change the bowl for a while, a cereal bowl or tupperware might work. Sophie also figured out that you can use the collar to scoop up the pellets than eat them! Ubber Cute!!!

I have to say neither Charlie or Autumn bothered with theirs, but Sophies stitches were a bit long, so I expect that they were annoying her and that is why she chewed, plus she was a chewer before.

Just keep an eye on him, Im sure he will be fine

Last edited:
Awww.

Big (Dhillon) had to wear a jumper too. But they do look very cute and it does stop stitch nibbling.

Rabswood

Back