• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody have the Pet Cargo Cabrio carrier? U/D recommend me a carrier

One of the bunnies i bonded a couple of weeks ago has this carrier and i thought it was ace very sturdy with a great top opening. Plenty big enough for 2 minilops.
Only downside is it is quite heavy compared to other carriers

I have had two sets of rabbit owners have this carrier for their buns.

Personally I don't rate it. I think it's to attract the owners rather than be practical. It looks pretty - form without out too much good function.

Firstly, the plastic it is made from is not the normal 'rubbery' plastic for want of a better expression. It seems to me that it could crack or break if knocked of if it falls onto a hard surface uplike the 'Atlas' or 'Voyager' type. Most clear plastics are brittle in my opinion.

The price is high compared to some very good other more straightforward types.

It's heavy.

It's 'over designed'.

A metal or plain plastic grill is much more user friendly.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with it, I just don't think a carrier needs to be so fancy or pricey.

Helen:D

Ive got one and would agree with what The Duchess has said...its rather too contrived,too many clips and theyre awkward to do up especially the one on the door.

Its much heavier than other carriers too,quite front heavy when carrying it.

I had a panic attack just LOOKING at it!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: MUCH to complex and fiddley for ME.....I have enough trouble with my simple ones!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the honest feedback :) I would much rather know all this in advance than actually fork out the cash and hate it. :roll: I haven't had a close up look at it irl as it was stuck up on a high shelf in the shop but it doesn't sound like the one for me.

I have one similar to you abbymarysmokey but it doesn't feel very safe when I'm carrying the pair of them in it. I'm always worrying the handle's going to fall off. :shock:

Can anybody recommend a carrier? Preferably with a top opening as well as I find it easier to lift the bunnies from above rather than trying to 'stuff' them in and out of the carrier through a door in the front.

Back